Chapter Six

We were sat on his bed not even 5 inches apart even though his bed was big enough for both of us to stretch out. He leans back, falling onto the soft covers; rebounding a couple of times until his body becomes one with the surface. I look back at him, his eyes are closed and his breathing is slow. Without even looking at me, he places is hand on my shoulder pulling me back to lay down beside him.
"It's been too long since we've just sat down and spoke." he starts. The house is so quiet I can hear his breathing. In and out with 5 seconds between. His chest rises and falls so peacefully as if he was asleep.
"Anything new happened with you?" he says in this nonchalant tone. I don't know what came over me. I was annoyed. I turned to him with m eyes wide open staring into his and yapped,
"Anything new? Ha. You know what is new? You acknowledging my existence? For the past 4 weeks I've apparently not existed. Even at lunch you guys leave as soon as you come. A singular conversation Bgyu. That's all I wanted. To at least hear a word from you rather than looking at a text you spent 5 seconds thinking about."
I held my mouth from spilling any more junk. I looked up to his eyes and his expression was...sad and guilty. "I'm- I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that." I spit out in hopes of unoffending him but to my surprise, he took my hand. Rubbing his thumb along my knuckles, in what I believe was an attempt to comfort me.
"I don't have any excuses. I'm sorry." he pleaded. His case small yet so believable that I forgave him with one word. He reached over to bring me into a hug.