Episode 5: its all fun and games

We are just all stretching when Emily comes out with an announcement. Attention, okay I have some really exciting news, I have decided that it is time for us to enter our first competition. It is really important that you understand the kind of pressure you will under at regionals and the only way to truly understand it is to compete so, our first competition will be a duet. A lot of us are still new here so we really have no idea who Emily is going to pick. I hope it's me but I really don't know. So who'd you pick? Jacquie asks, no doubt she really wants this as well. I've decided on Noah and Richelle. Everyone claps. I'm happy for the both of them. They have both worked really hard and have been here the longest, it makes sense.

I was just walking through the hall about to meet up with Richelle to see how her rehearsal was going with Noah, but instead I run into Ozzy and he looks like he's on a mission.
hey Ozzy, what are you doing?
Hey Harper, oh nothing I'm just on my way to get the lucky charm for my team. He tells me and I'm a little bit confused as to what his talking about.
Lucky charm? I ask confused
Yeah you know the bronze ballet slipper that Emily won at this competition and it's sitting in her drawer and I have to go get it for my team for good luck. Now I'm extremely confused.
Everyone in studio A is talking about so I can't let them down.
I think I know what's going on.
Um Ozzy we have been here the same amount of time and nobody else has heard of this bronze ballet slipper.
So your telling me there is no bronze ballet slipper?
Yes. Im pretty sure there is no such thing.
I think it's just clicked in his head that he's just been pranked.
Ok thank you very much for helping me figure that out. I will definitely get them back for that now. It's Ozzy so I really don't know what he would come up with to get them back for that.
Ok I'll see you later and tell me how it goes.
Will do. See you.

Im sitting in neutral grounds with Richelle and I told her my encounter with Ozzy and now she is just telling me about her duet. I absolutely love it, i think the dance is amazing and it's really coming together. She tells me. That's great to hear I can't wait to see it once it's done.
I know I can't wait it's going to be perfect. Ok um I just got a text from Emily saying she wants to talk so I'll see you after rehearsal. She says to me.
Okay see you later. Richelle walks out and I have nothing else to do so I sit there in silence drinking my juice.

It's been a little while since Richelle left and I am still sitting in neutral grounds. I really don't have a life. I need to do something outside of dance. I was about to walk out to go find Ozzy or Henry until I saw Jacquie walk in. Hey Jacquie.
Hey Harper. I feel like Jacquie and I haven't really spoken since we've both made A-troop. I kind of miss my best friend. How is everything? I ask her. Yeah pretty good, Noah spoke to me before about how he went up to Emily and spoke to her about the duet. Wait why would Noah need to speak to Emily about the duet? Richelle told me the duet was fine. Wait why did Noah speak to Emily?
Because he told me he feels there's no chemistry and maybe tried to put me on the dance and take Richelle off. What in the world. That's what Emily's messaged was about. Richelle is not going to be happy when she finds out. Um. Ok. I say as I really cant think of anything to say at that moment.
Yeah anyways moving on from all of that, Noah asked me on a date. She say's excitedly.
As much as I really want to say something about the whole Richelle and Noah thing, I really don't know what to say. I'm shocked that he would do that but I decided it would just be best to move on and maybe talk to Richelle a little bit later if she brings it up.
Oh my gosh that's amazing. Shouldn't you go get ready? I ask. Yeah so I'll call you later and tell you all about it.
Okay bye have fun. I hope Jacquie has a good time. I just really hope Noah can figure it all out and just dance with Richelle.

I decided to stay a little bit later and get some more practice in. It was pretty quiet until I heard footsteps, I really don't know who would be here this late. Then Ozzy walks in. Hey Oz, what are you doing here this late, I thought you would've left like ages ago?
Yeah well, we kind of had to stay a little bit later but after we were finished rehearsing, I kind of waited for you but you never showed so I messaged you and you didn't answer so I figured you hadn't left yet so I came to the first spot I thought you'd be. That's very sweet of him. Well that's very nice of you to wait for me and I'm sorry I didn't answer, my phones still in my bag. Also why are you still here rehearsing? Surely Michelle didn't keep you this late. I ask confused.
Yeah well turns out that prank didn't go to well and now Amy is kicked out of the studio. Excuse me? That was a turn I didn't expect. What? How did that happen? I ask.
I figured I'd get the team back for the little prank they did, so I said I found this competition letter that has a dance on it from my "home town" I tried to make them look as stupid as possible when Amy's mom walked in. Yikes, I heard a bit with Amy and her situation about her not being on A-troop so I take it that did not go down to well. Yeah so anyway she caught us dancing like chickens and now she can't dance with us.
Yeah definitely a Lot. Um okay, you know I wouldn't worry to much about it. Her mom will probably come around and Amy will be back on your team in no time. You just got to give it time. All will work out. I tell him. I guess it's not really great advice but from what I've heard about this studio, even with all the bad things that happen unexpectedly, everything works out in the end, you just gotta wait. Um you mind if I join you? He asks me.
Of course not. I say and we stay for a little while longer just dancing together.