An upcoming storm

Same day, a few hours earlier:
"So, do you like him?" Mitsuki's words are still buzzing through her mind. Again and again Sarada has to think about her conversation with Mitsuki from this morning. It all started with Boruto's visit in the Science Institute's infirmary when he showed them his new scar and Sarada examined Boruto.

She can still remember his annoyed statement: "Take your hands off!"
As if she made him uncomfortable. His reaction to her touch, still hurts, and Sarada wonders if he would have made the same comment if it had been Mitsuki or even Sumire.
Gradually, Sarada begins to realize more and more that her relationship with Boruto is slowly changing and she is no longer the friend closest to him as she was in their childhood days.

"Sarada! You have to be more careful!", she hears Mitsuki admonish her...
Sarada is snapped out of her thoughts: "What?! Oh..."
Too late.... The damage is irreparable and she looks at the grilled fish in front of her with a crispy skin. She had imagined it differently, actually the purpose of the exercise was to heal and revive the fish. Now it lies in front of them , fragrant. She would be suitable as a cook, but as a Medic Nin she once again failed terrifically.
Mitsuki lies grinning on the floor in front of her with his head propped up in his arms.

"Is there grilled fish again today?" he scoffs.
Sarada just sighs in frustration and gestures him something to eat. Actually, she should make some progress with this exercise, but chakra control for healing skills is not really her area of interest and she will never be as good as her mother. But without a better chakra control, learning new jutsus is pointless and whether she will ever reach her 3rd Tomoe is also questionable, not to mention her Mangekyō Sharingan. Dad tells her so little about her family's dojutsu and it's the reason why she knows so little about herself and her father at all.

"Are you thinking about him again?" She hears Mitsuki ask. By him he means Boruto.
Sarada ponders his question, and she realizes that lying in front of Mitsuki doesn't do any good.

She nods in response to Mitsuki's question.
"So you are liking him after all...", Mitsuki's eyes look at her in shock and does she hear jealousy in his voice?
"But not the way, that you think... Not the way Sumire does and maybe you do, too..." Sarada looks at Mitsuki scrutinizingly. His eyes take on that shine again, like they always did when they talked about Boruto. Mitsuki's cheeks seem to turn slightly red. He seems shy to Sarada, a fact that is new to her. Otherwise he always seems very intrepid and says his opinion bluntly.
"People's feelings are new to me and I can't give an exact answer..." he tells her honestly.

Mitsuki's reaction is enough for Sarada's answer. "I'm just terribly worried about him. Ever since we were little, we grew up together like siblings. I fear for Boruto's constant change. The thing about the Karma Mark and Boruto's second personality that we saw after Boro's fight...", when mentioning the Karma Mark she thinks about the conversation with her father about having to kill Boruto in case of danger and also about a second person, which it would also affect him, if the same transformation happened. Sarada fervently hopes that such a change will not affect him too.

"There's something else..." Mitsuki says knowingly and looks at her seriously.
"There's nothing else..." Sarada tries to avoid Mitsuki's comment.
Mitsuki shakes his head and takes one of his kunai's and shows Sarada her reflection. She finds that her 2nd tomoe is clearly visible. Frustrated with herself and with her weaknesses, she decides to entrust something to Mitsuki...
" Shanaroo..." she says nervously, a habit she picked up from her mother. But it's no use... "It's Kawaki..." she tells him.

Mitsuki looks at her in surprise, "Do you like Kawaki?"
Sarada hates Mitsuki for constantly asking blunt questions and having to play this question and answer game.
Sarada realizes that it bothers her, but at least it would put an end to Mitsuki's remarks about Boruto once and for all.
" I'm not sure. All I know is, that I worry about him as much as I do about Boruto. With Boruto, I know that it has something to do with our common childhood . With Kawaki, I'm not exactly sure what the reason behind it is. It's strange, actually we don't really know each other that well and yet it's like that..." she says thoughtfully and tugs at a blade of grass lost in thought.
" That's not true, Sarada!", Mitsuki answers and grins, " you have the best connection to him of all of us, next to the 7th Hokage...
Think about the conversation between you and him when he had his breakdown when Boruto's father was captured by Jigen and Boro. In the end, only you were able to calm him down", the other person recognizes. Mitsuki manages to utter things she is unable to and is always amazed at Mitsuki's ability. Although he is an artificial human, he understands other people's feelings much better than some real humans.