Chapter 18: A last attempt

Maya discussed the refusal of Shumbh with Shiva, who decided to go there himself as a last attempt to prevent the war.

Zuko heard the conversation between the two as he insisted that he accompanied the prime minister.

Shiva looked at the queen for permission to take the Firelord with him. She pointed to Zuko's back with her eyes before giving the older male a reassuring look.

Shiva agreed to take the Firelord to the demons realm but not before Zuko wrote about the possible future and sent it to team Avatar and the other world leaders.

Time skip

Zuko was put under invisibility by Maya for his protection as she watched everything unfold from her room.

Maya was alerted about the arrival of the world leaders and team Avatar. She allowed their entry as she diverted her attention back to the netherworld.

Shiva seemed to be at his wits end while Zuko was unknowingly playing a game of life and death.

She knew if Shiva decided to show his true form, Zuko would not be able to handle it. She made Zuko loose consciousness and teleported him to her lap.

She kept her hand on his eyes, preventing him from opening them.

...

Shiva watched as the chains, now new and improved were brought out. Shumbh himself got up from his throne and began to wrap them around the boy.

Shiva calmly watched the asura who spat out insults. After the chains ran out Shiva finally spoke up.

"Are you that lost in your meaningless insults that you have turned a blind eye as to whom you are tying?"

Shumbh looked at the boy as his vision slightly blurred, when it cleared, he saw Shiva standard free from chains and felt a weight tying him down.

His eyes travelled down to his body, which was wrapped in the thick chains, unable to move.

He looked at the guards hoping to have them help him but was met by Shiva in the guard's clothing.

He turned to his minister who seemed to be Shiva as well.

All the demons standing infront of him possessed the face of the boy.

The real Shiva grabbed the chain with such force that it just dissolved, crumpling into a pile of dust at the demon's feet.

Even though Shumbh was now free, he couldn't do anything as Shiva walked out of the room.

...

Zuko opened his eyes and saw Maya, her attention was somewhere else. They both seemed to not be on Earth, as the dark sky above them had two moons.

Maya was massaging his head, he tried to move but only his eyes were under his control.

He looked at himself, wearing priceless jewels and rich yellow silks with orange and red embroidery.

Maya's one hand combed through his hair while her other one was on his chest with his own hand holding hers.

She looked a bit older as his eyes fell on the smooth marble pillar near them.

He saw his face, there wasn't a scar on his face and two golden eyes stared back at him. The symbol of the sun was between his eyebrows, slightly glowing.

He looked back at the woman on whose lap he was on, her hair was in a neat updo, not a single strand out of place. Her ocean eyes looking at something far away, her lips were curled into a peaceful smile and the moon symbol between her eyebrows glowed like his.