14

Lisa's POV

I could hear the birds chirping outside, indicating that it was already morning. I still haven't slept that much. Thoughts about Mina kept running through my mind and all I could feel right now is pain.

Everything just bothered me. I don't know what I did in my past life to deserve this kind of pain. Why am I even played? I've been so genuine to her since day 1 but all she could give me back is pain.

Mina knows I've been suffering for so long, yet here she is, doing the same thing that everyone in my past did to me.

Stupid me for getting attached to someone so easily. I should've known better. "Stupid, Lisa!" I murmured, slapping my forehead a couple of times.

I groaned in annoyance for being this dumb. "Why am I even like this?" I kicked the pillow in frustration. I soon realized that I was already crying, tears running down on my cheeks.

I cried and cried for I don't know how long, hugging the pillow beside me. Then everything went black and I dozed off to dreamland.

**********

The rays from the sun hit my face, waking me up. It was already 2 in the afternoon. Was I sleeping that long?

I stretched my arms wide before getting up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I'm really not in the mood to go outside today. I just wanna stay at home and just relax. Everything is just too much for me and it's stressing me out. I need a break from the world, from everything.

Speaking of relaxing, my bestfriend suddenly barged inside the house. "I'm now regretting giving you a spare key to my house." I forced a smile at the older one.

"I texted you since this morning, but you weren't replying to me. So I've made my decision to just go here instead." She said, making her way to the living room.

Before even sat on my precious sofa, Jisoo looked at me in disgust. "What?" I furrowed my brows at her. "Go freshen up, you look like a zombie." I rolled my eyes at her before heading towards my room.

After changing my clothes, I made my way back to the latter who is now crying watching Frozen 2. "Yah! You watched it without me?" I crossed my arms over my chest, huffing and pouting like a kid.

"I was waiting for you, but you took way too long and I couldn't wait anymore. Sorry, Limario!" She made a peace sign. "Whatever!" I said as I plopped myself on the sofa beside her.

We finished the movie with tears in our eyes. We've watched it a couple of times already but it still has an effect on me.

"I'll order dinner for us." Jisoo said out of nowhere. I groaned, "Don't tell me we are having chicken again?" I really don't get why this idiot likes chicken so much, one day wings will grow on her back.

Jisoo just laughed, "Bingo!" She gave me a thumbs up while smirking. "And also, I'm sleeping over tonight." She added.

I heaved out a sigh, "Fine, you can sleep in the guestroom." I said in a bored tone. I'm already used to this kind of scenario, it always happen every week.

When the food arrived, Jisoo without a single doubt immediately shoved a chicken into her mouth. "Come on, Lisa! Dig in!" She said with her mouth full, holding two chickens in both of her hands.

I shook my head at the sigh. Jisoo is Jisoo and she sure loves chicken.

In the midway of eating, someone suddenly knocked on the door. I looked at Jisoo, "Did you order more chicken?" I quirked my brows. She shook her head, "No, I didn't–"

There was a knock again, causing us to widened our eyes as we both looked at each other and to the door, frightened. "You should get it," I whispered to Jisoo. "No, you get it. This is your house." She whispered back, shivering.

"Why are we even whispering?" Jisoo and I slowly walked to the door, as someone was constantly knocking outside. "I don't know." I replied, reaching for the broom.

I positioned myself with the broom in my hand, ready to smack whoever is outside as I told Jisoo to open the door. "Open the door on the count 3, Ready?" I whispered at Jisoo who is now reaching for the doorknob.

I held the broom tightly, nervous. "Okay, 1... 2... 3–"

"Lisa?" A familiar voiced called my name. "Lisa? Are you home? Hellooo?" Jisoo groaned in annoyance as she opened the door. "I thought we are getting murdered by someone tonight, but it turned out to be you."

Mina tilted her head to the side, "What do you mean?" She looked at me, furrowing her brows. "And why are you holding the broom like that?" Pointing at the object in my hand.

Jisoo rolled her eyes, "Don't mind it. Anyway, what are you doing here?" Jisoo raised one brow at her, irked at her pressence.

I held my bestfriend's shoulder and squeezed it lightly, as I cleared my throat. "Could you wash the dishes please?" I asked widening my eyes at her, giving her a hint to calm herself down. She just gave me a tight fake smile and made her way towards the kitchen.

"I'm sorry about that," I faced Mina. I don't know why but somehow her pressence made me uncomfortable and awkward. "Come in, I guess?" I said in a questioning way.

She awkwardly went inside the house as I head to the living room with her following me from behind. I excused myself to check up on Jisoo.

As soon as I entered the kitchen, a fuming Jisoo approached me. "Why the fuck is that woman here?" She asked angrily. I shrugged, clueless. "I don't know."

Jisoo pointed at the direction of the living, "Tell her to go home or I will." I held her hand and put it down gently. "Calm down, Soo. I'll talk to her first, okay?"

She huffed in anger, "Fine. I'll be in the guest room." Without even waiting for my respond, she suddenly walked out on me. I shook my head and went back to the living room.

Mina was looking down on the ground. "I-I guess she doesn't want me here." She said in a small voice.

"Oh, you heard that?" She slowly nodded. I heaved out a sigh. "I'm sorry about her. Why are you here anyway?" I took a seat beside her.

She looked at me as tears filled her eyes, "A-Are we okay?" She said, her voice cracking. "W-Why are you suddenly being cold to me?"

Without hesitation, I told her whatever came to my mind right now, "Let's cut to the chase. I'm tired of your games, Mina." She quirked her brows, confused at what I said. "W-What do you mean?"

"Just drop the act. I know you are still dating Chaeyoung."  She froze at my words, speechless. "What? Cat got your tongue?" I hisses, crossing both of my arms over my chest.

Mina didn't utter a single word but remained staring at me as tears drip down to her cheeks. "Why'd you have to lie to me? You know I'd completely understand if you'll choose her. You know that I don't like being played, you're just like the rest of them." I said in a cold manner.

"I... I'm sorry." That was the only words that came out of her mouth.

I smirked, "Sorry won't fix anything, darling. I suggest you go home already, you are just wasting your time here."

She held my hand, squeezing it lightly. "I will. But promise me one thing?" I looked at her, furrowing my brows. "Jennie..." She said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Confusion was written all over my face right now. She heaved out a sigh, "Take care of Jennie for me, she's a fragile person, you know. I know your heart will learn to love her soon." She said as she head towards the door.

"W-Wait! Where are you going?" I asked, still confused at everything she said. She smiled at me, "I'll go somewhere far for awhile, to ease my mind. Just do what I said."

I saw a teardrop from her eye before she closed the door. I scratched my head, staring at the door for who knows how long because for the nth time, I still don't get it.

I hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder, making me flinch. "Jesus!" I said, holding me chest. "Nope, it's just Jisoo." She said, making me chuckle.

"I heard everything, are you okay?" She asked worriedly. I nodded, "I just need to rest." As I head towards my bedroom. What a day...