Jennifer Gets Tricked

Jennifer is a medium tank engine who lived in a big station on the continent of Strodas. She is a cheeky mixed traffic tank engine with 6 large wheels, 4 small wheels, a half-coned dome, a long side tanks, a short cab, & a short stumpy funnel. Her chosen driver was an Indian-Canadian teenager named Priya Mangel, she is the first driver to chosen by Jennifer when she selected from Paddington. She is a fussy medium tank engine too. Always pulling coaches about ready for the big engines can take on long journeys. And when trains come in, she pulls the empty coaches away so that the big engines can go on rest. Jennifer thinks no engine works has hard as she does. She loves playing tricks on them, including Duncan the biggest, fastest, and proudest part-Scottish engine of all. His driver is energetic Korean-Canadian Abby Park, they both tended to be sort of arrogant type or so. Jennifer likes to tease Duncan with her whistle.

"Hey wake up, lazybones, why don't you work hard like me?" Said Jennifer in a teasing tone. "Sorry." said Priya sarcastically.

One day after pulling the Green Mile express, Duncan had arrived back at the sidings very tired. He was just going to sleep when Jennifer came up in her cheeky way.

"You hoo! Wake up, lazybones, do some hard work for a change! You can't catch me!" And off Jennifer ran laughing.

Instead of going to sleep again, Duncan and Abby thought how they can get back at Jennifer. One morning, Jennifer wouldn't wake up. Her new driver Priya Mangel couldn't make her start. Her fire went out and there was not enough steam. "Oh come on Jennifer, please wake up! The express is expecting us now!" Pleaded Priya. And she was right, it was nearly time for the express. People were waiting, but the double decker coaches weren't ready. At last, Jennifer started.

"Oh dear, oh my; oh dear, oh my! She yawned.

She fussed into the station where Duncan was waiting.

"Hurry up, ye! we're late fur o' you." Said Duncan.

"Oh, hurry yourself! Bossy Scottish boiler!" Replied Jennifer. Abby and Duncan the proud part-Scottish engine began making their plan to teach Jennifer a lesson for teasing him. Almost before the coaches had stopped moving, Duncan reversed quickly and was coupled to the train.

"Get in quickly, please, we're goin awa now!" He whistled. Jennifer usually pushed behind the big trains to help them start, but she was always uncoupled first. This time, Duncan start so quickly they forgot to uncouple Jennifer. Duncan's chance had come.

"C'moan, c'moan!" Puffed Duncan to the coaches. The train went faster and faster. Too fast for Jennifer, she wanted to stop, but she couldn't.

"Stop Duncan stop, let me go please!' Jennifer pleaded.

"Hurry noo, we mustn't be late!" Laughed Duncan. "You can't get away, you can't get away!" Laughed the double decker coaches. Poor Jennifer was going faster than she had ever gone before. She was out of breath and her wheels hurt her, but she had to go on.

"I shall never be the same again!" She thought sadly. "My wheels will be quite worn out!"

(Duncan continues to speed ahead)

At last, they stopped at the station. Jennifer was uncoupled by Priya and she felt very silly and exhausted. Next she went on to the turntable thinking of everyone laughing at her.

(Jennifer is on the turntable as it turns around)

And then she ran on to a siding out of the way.

"Well, wee Jennifer." Chuckled Duncan. "Now ye ken whit solid wirk means, dinnae you?"

Poor Jennifer couldn't answer. She had no breath. She just puffed slowly away to rest and had a long long drink. "You know Priya, maybe I don't have to tease Duncan to feel important." Jennifer said to her driver which she agreed. And she puffed slowly home.