Chapter 1

Look, I never chose to fall in love with her. It just kind of.. happened. I should probably introduce myself. I'm Jason, Jason the Toymaker. You can probably tell what my profession is, based on my title. When I was young, I grew up in a household that was comparable to hell. When I was 7 years old, my "sister", Helen, was born. I say it in quotes because Helen was born male. My mother wanted a boy and a girl, and I was a boy. So, they decided to treat Helen like a female, giving him a female name and dressing him in feminine clothes. He was my brother and best friend, my only escape from the hellhole we lived in. Our parents argued often, we barely had enough money to eat, both of our parents worked two jobs, and Helen was often scolded for ' Not acting girlish enough ', and I was teased by my peers for being born with yellow eyes, being called names such as 'Owl boy' or ' Bee-eyes'. One day our parents couldn't take care of us financially, and put us up for adoption. We moved from foster home to foster home throughout our life. On June 18, I was 15 and Helen was 8, we were adopted by a kind woman, and she had a significant amount of wealth. Though she didn't have much time for us. When I turned 18 I was forced to leave. I didn't have an education, so no jobs accepted me. So I started my own business inventing toys. I sustained for myself well enough. I stayed in contact with Helen, writing letters. One day I got a letter saying that Helen was running away to stay with me, because the woman who adopted us got a husband, who was aggressive and beat them. Helen showed up at my door a day later. We lived together for a year, when a man showed up at our door, offering to take us in. The man had no face, was tall with unaturally long limbs, and pasty white skin. We declined his offer, but he kept coming back. I eventually learned Helen was speaking with the creature regularly. We eventually didn't have enough money to sustain us, so when the man came back, we accepted his offer. He took us to a large manor, filled with the strangest, most grotesque people you could imagine. A man with blue skin and no eyes, A little ghost girl, and many, many others. I will fast forward to the present, Im 21 and Helen is 14. Helen is dating a man with a smile etched in his face, named Jeff. I make toys still, though most of them homicidal and/or made of human body parts. My Bipolar Disorder is now something of a second form. The man with no face that took us in, named Slenderman, gave me an ability to, when I'm angry, turn into a homicidal creature with long claws, white hair, and emerald green eyes. Anyway, I make toys in my workshop, and Helen paints portraits with human blood. I usually keep to myself. I avoid showing people my work, and I often sit in my office most of the day. Though there is a girl who I take a particular interest in. Long brown hair, pale skin, and one of her eyes is a deep aqua-green. What color is the other, you ask? Well, her other eye is a clock. Yes, you heard that right. A clock. An actual, ticking, clock. It fascinates me. She's, there's no other way to say this, she's beautiful. Ive denyed again and again to Helen that I'm in love with her, but one day I admitted that, yes, I am. I am very much in love with her. I just cant bring myself to tell her. I just can't. I can't help it, if she rejects me, she'll never talk to me again. I can't let that happen. Her favorite animal is a giraffe, and her favorite color is green. So I've been working on a new toy, a green giraffe, for her. Only god knows if she'll like it, but there's no harm in trying. I've been hiding the sketches in a drawer, and keeping it locked. Helen knows I'm hiding something, but I've been keeping the key out of reach, in hopes he can't get it. It's almost finished, but I just need time. Hopefully I'll get it done sooner rather than later, so I can get giving it to her over with. Whenever I go up to her, I get butterflies in my stomach. I'm not sure how I'll do it, but hopefully I won't make a fool of myself. I truly love her, so I just hope she feels the same.