basketball ➪ sunoo

"I'll be back in an hour." I told my dad as he nodded.

After my jog, I heard my favourite song from afar. "Pass it to me!" I followed the voices when I saw three boys playing at the basketball court.

I was still breathing heavily so I just sat on the bench, enjoying the sunset and the music while the boys were throwing around the ball.

Since that day I would always go there after my afternoon jog.

~

It was another day where I jogged around. This time with my headphones on, however I didn't stop myself from going over to the boys.

Two weeks has passed since I first saw them here and yet I never talked to any of them.

I stopped my music quite a bit before the court when I didn't hear anything.

"Hm? It's 6 pm, tho." I mumbled to myself looking around.

They might just be late or something.

I sat on the bench and just watched the sun. The sun was so beautiful, everyday she would set with a different colour.

"Waiting for us?" I heard a male voice from the back as I turned around. The owner was one the boys who would always play here. I nodded as he smiled, "Riki wanted to play football today. You can sit there." He offered me his hand. "Riki?" I asked while we were walking up to the football field. "The tallest? The one with the moles." – "The one with the cute box smile?" – "Oh! Yes, him." I smiled thinking about Rikis smile.

"I'm Jaeyun, by the way." He suddenly introduced himself. "Oh, I'm Aecha." – "That's a beautiful name." – "Thank you. Yours is really pretty too." I laughed as he did too.

That's how I became friends with them. Jaeyun, Riki, and Heeseung. I found out they became friends while playing and they also have a friendgroup now with more boys.

"Heeseung noticed you at first. He would notice how you would heavily breathe and then sit on the bench." – "And the way you would move your head to the the songs." Riki and Jaeyun explained when I asked first.
"Okay, stop guys. Enough talk about me. Tell me more about you, Aecha." Heeseung had slightly pink cheeks and his attention belonged to me. We kept on talking until it got pretty dark.

"I should go now, my dad will start worrying. Same time tomorrow?" – "Of course!" I smiled at the three of them. I took a few steps when I turned back again "Heeseung, your hoodie." – "It's okay Aecha, keep it. It suits you more anyway." He smiled so softly, it killed me. Heeseung was an angel.

We became really good friends, all four of us. I would also try playing with them basketball and they would jog with me. Sometimes even the other boys would be at the court and I would just watch them have fun.

That's when I met Sunoo.

One night as the sun was setting and I just came back from my jog, I saw them at the court.

"Aecha!" Jaeyun waved at me as I waved back. "Do you wanna join?" – "Nah I'm good. I'll just sit- who is he?" I pointed at the boy that I've never seen before, sitting on the bench. "That's Sunoo, Rikis best friend." I just nodded and walked up to him. "Can I also sit here?" – "Of course!" Sunoo smiled.

His smile. It was one of the most prettiest and cutest smiles ever. His fox eyes hiding when he smiled and his dimples showing themselves. I was mesmerised by him. He was so beautiful.

"Who are you?" He narrowed his eyes before I came back to my senses. "Aecha, Heo Aecha." Sunoo slowly nodded "Your name is really pretty." He smiled once again. "Thank you so much. You're really cute too." – "Oh-" – "I- I meant your name." – "Are you sure?" He leaned towards me as I leaned back, looking at him. He's really open and confident. I like that.
"No." I just answered. "I know because you're blushing." Sunoo laughed poking my cheek. "Keep it, sunshine." I shut his mouth.

Sunoo took my hand which was covering his mouth "Do you want to go to the store and get some snacks?" – "Suddenly?" I asked surprised holding his hand. "As if you don't get bored watching them play basketball." He sighed "Well, I can't play it so it's interesting." Sunoo laughed at my statement "What? Can you play it?" – "Better than you." He shrugged his shoulders. "Okay bet. Let's play!" I got up totally forgetting I still had his hand in mine.

"Heeseung can I borrow your basketball for a minute?" I walked up to Heeseung who was resting on the side. "Okay." He threw the ball at me "Thank you so much!" We went to the hoop on the other side where Jaeyun and Riki weren't playing.

Sunoo started throwing and trying to get it through the hoop. "That's pure luck." – "No it's not!" – "Yes it is!" I took the ball. "Watch this." I threw the basketball and it flew right through. Sunoo was completely shocked. "Can you do it without looking? Because I can." He bragged taking the ball.

We kept on throwing the basketball around until it got dark. "I won." I said laying on the ground. "No-" – "Woah." – "What?" Sunoo laid next to me "Look at the stars." I pointed at the star that was shining the brightest.

That must be mom.

Silence filled up the air, Sunoo and I just laying on the ground and watching the stars together. The others had left already what was understandable because it was already pretty late.

"Go on a date with me." Sunoo suddenly claimed confidently, which left me speechless. "Give me a reason." – "I'm better than you in basketball." I got up again, getting my stuff.

"Is it a yes or no?" – "Text me when." I waved goodbye as I made my way back home.

✍︎
word count: 997

FINALLY EVERY MEMBER HAS AN IMAGINE 😆😆

Out of curiosity which imagine was your favourite and which one would you read if it was a fanfiction?

I have one or two imagines I want to make a fanfiction, however I still have a few books to write so this will happen in spring 2023 :))