Chapter 1

Tate her outfit:

"I already hate it here

"I already hate it here. Too many people," Tate says in disgust as she takes of her motorcycle helmet. ''Relax. It's only for a little while," says Aiden. Tate sighs and gets off her bike.

"Please, don't stare at us," Tate pleads softly as she throws open the high school doors.

Unfortunately for Tate, everyone stares at the three. Tate takes a deep breath and walks confidently beside the twins.

"Oh, my goodness. My first class is English. So much looking forward to it," Tate says sarcastically, looking at the twins angrily. "Just watch out for Scott McCall, okay? Stick to the plan," says Aiden. Tate rolls her eyes and walks into the classroom.

Bingo. She immediately sees Scott McCall sitting there. She sits down diagonally behind him.

She texts Aiden and Ethan that Scott is in her class. Then she gets another message. Frowning, Tate looks at the message irritated.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness," the teacher reads out loud.

"This is the last sentence of the first book we are going to read. And also the last text message you will receive this lesson. So all of you put your phones away."

Tate puts irritated her phone in her pocket.

The class is boring but Tate participates anyway

The class is boring but Tate participates anyway. She should not attract too much attention.

"Mr. McCall," says the teacher as she waves Scott towards her.

Tate overhears a conversation between Stiles and Lydia.

"Hey, Lydia. What's that? Is that because of the accident,'' Stiles asks Lydia. "No. Prada bit me," says Lydia. ''Your dog?" Stiles asks. "No. My designer handbag. Yes, my dog," says Lydia.

Tate chuckles at her sarcasm.

"Has he bit you before?" asks Stiles. Lydia shakes her head no. "Okay, maybe it's like with that deer. Just like animals act weird when an earthquake is coming," says Stiles.

"Why? Do you think an earthquake is coming?" asks Lydia. "Something like that. Maybe something is coming. Something bad," says Stiles.

"A deer and a dog. Three times is the charm after all. Once, twice-," says Lydia, but she is interrupted when a crow flies into the window and drops dead.

Suddenly a lot of crows are flying against the glass. Some crows fly in through the glass.

"On the ground," the teacher shouts. Tate quickly gets under her table.

''Crows?" the twins ask Tate in surprise as Tate removes a black feather from her hair

''Crows?" the twins ask Tate in surprise as Tate removes a black feather from her hair. "Yes, they came out of nowhere," mutters Tate.

"Uh. Tate," says Ethan. "Yes, what?" asks Tate irritated. "You have a piece of glass in your arm," says Ethan.

Tate looks at her arm. A large piece of glass is sticking in it.

She pulls out the piece of glass all at once. Blood flows out. It will heal anyway.

The sheriff walks toward Tate and the twins.

"Are you okay? Someone said you had a big piece of glass in your arm," says the sheriff. "No, look for yourself," says Tate as she shows her arm. The wound has healed completely.

"I swear I saw her arm bleeding," Argent whispers to his daughter. "Yeah, I saw exactly the same thing," mutters Allison. "Werewolves?"

"We're going to find out,'' Argent murmurs.

"Come on, we have to go," says Aiden as he pulls Tate along. The three walk around the corner, when they see Braeden. She holds Allison and Lydia's wrists. She sees the three standing and quickly runs away. "Come on, follow her," Tate hisses.

Tate carefully opens the door.

She runs her hands over the lockers as she whistles. "Braeden. Where are you?" asks Tate teasingly.

Kali pokes her, telling her to stop.

Braeden jumps out of nowhere from behind pairs of lockers. The werewolves begin to fight her. Suddenly, Braeden is thrown at Tate. Tate throws Braeden against the lockers with her powers. A huge dent occurs in the lockers and Braeden falls unconscious.

''Took you long enough,'' Tate says as Braeden opens her eyes

''Took you long enough,'' Tate says as Braeden opens her eyes. Braeden looks her dead in the eye. "What are you?" she asks in a whisper.

Tate wants to open her mouth to say something but Deucalion stops her.

"She is our secret weapon. No one knows what she is except us," says Deucalion. Deucalion kneels down beside Braeden and strokes his hand over her face.

"Beautiful. But rebellious," says Deucalion. "Because I know something. I do know that you are afraid of him," says Braeden. "For a teenage boy?" Deucalion asks mockingly.

''For the man he would become,'' Braeden corrects him. "I know there is a certain potential threat. But someone once taught me a clever way to eliminate a threat. By having someone else do it for you,'' Deucalion says with a smirk.

Braeden is breathing heavily. "Derek," she murmurs. Deucalion cuts her throat with his claws.

Tate looks at the blood on the lockers. Braeden lies there with blood all over her, gasping for breath.