Chapter 6

Tate her outfit:

"So someone died of butterflies?" Tate asks Ethan confused

"So someone died of butterflies?" Tate asks Ethan confused. "All I know is that there was a collision and a doctor is dead," says Ethan. Tate nods.

"Anyways. Deucalion is waiting for me," Tate says to Ethan as she turns a corner.

"Who are we waiting for?" asks Tate to Deucalion as he bangs his cane on a piano

"Who are we waiting for?" asks Tate to Deucalion as he bangs his cane on a piano. "Who do you think?" asks Deucalion. "Scott," whispers Tate.

"Do you know what a metronome is, Scott?" asks Deucalion when he senses Scott walking in. "A tool for keeping a steady rhythm after you set the pace."

''Something in me says the pace of your life has quickened considerably in the last few hours. If you want, I can help bring you to a more pleasant pace."

''How?" Scott asks. "By helping you find Deaton," says Deucalion. "Is that a good idea. I mean-," says Tate. Deucalion holds up his hand, the sign for her to stop talking.

"Your heart is pounding, but it is not fear. It's anger," Deucalion says as Scott clenches his fists. "I bet I know what you're thinking. Does he have something to do with Deaton's disappearance?"

"Listen. If you can take my cane, I'll tell you exactly where he is. What do you think?"

Scott attacks Deucalion, but Deucalion throws Scott to the ground. Deucalion hits him with his cane. He gives Scott a kick in the back that almost causes Scott to fall over. Scott does a somersault and tries to attack Deucalion again.

Deucalion removes the tip of his cane. The same sharp point with which it had once struck the twins and Tate along the face.

Deucalion stabs Scott in the shoulder with it. Scott groans in pain.

"Impressive. But you know I don't cut up innocent people, pray to ancient gods and collect crumbs, or whatever druids are supposed to do,'' says Deucalion.

"I am in a pack that wants Derek dead, though. Kali is coming to get him. You will be faced with a difficult choice because someone is going to die tonight. And whether it will be Derek or Deaton is up to you."

"Just tell me where he is," Scott says pleadingly. "I'll give you a very important hint. Let the flow guide you," says Deucalion as he grabs Tate's arm. Tate guides Deucalion away.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Tate asks Deucalion. "Yes. And if not, you can make him forget it," says Deucalion with a smirk.

"Deucalion. Can I ask you something?" Tate asks nervously. "Anytime," says Deucalion. Tate takes a deep breath.

"Okay. When I went to that Lacrosse game with school, we had to stay overnight in a motel," Tate says. "And I had fallen asleep in my room. Only then I woke up and I suddenly saw Hannah."

Deucalion suddenly stiffs a little at the name of Tate her sister.

"But it was a vision. It was just in my mind," says Tate. "Was I perhaps going crazy? Or was she really there? Or did I do it myself?"

"It must have been a nightmare," Deucalion lies. "Yeah, probably a nightmare," says Tate. But Tate is not convinced. And Deucalion is pretty sure that wasn't a nightmare.

Kali grabs Tate's book and tosses it aside

"Rude," says Tate. "No time. We're going to see Derek. Tonight is the night, tonight we kill him," growls Kali.

"And what does that have to do with throwing my book aside?" Tate asks irritated. "You come with me, obviously," says Kali. Tate frowns, but stands up.

"Why do you turn off the lights and electricity?" Tate asks Kali as she turns the knobs

"Why do you turn off the lights and electricity?" Tate asks Kali as she turns the knobs. "Why?" asks Tate confused. "Didn't you hear the water? They wanted to put us under electricity," growls Kali.

"Me first, then you," Kali says to the twins, who where holding Jennifer by her throat, and Tate, as she throws open the door from Derek.

"I'll be honest, Derek. When Ennis died, I just wanted to go for it,'' Kali says as she slowly walks Derek's way. "To find you and kill you, wherever you were. Then I remembered you surrounding yourself with those teenagers."

The twins enter with Jennifer. Their claws are around her throat. Tate follows behind them with the red mist around her hands.

"You and I, Derek, or she gets the most painful death ever, arranged by Tate," says Kali. "What do you say? Do you think you can handle me?"

''I'll rip your throat open with my teeth,'' Derek says. The two begin to fight.

Kali pushes Derek into the water. ''Derek,'' Jennifer yells. "Do it now, Tate," screams Kali.

Tate uses her powers to turn the electricity back on.

''Get him,'' Kali yells at the twins. Tate looks on, confused.

The twins grab Derek and push up his claws. Kali lifts Boyd, who had fallen into the water earlier, and pushes him onto Derek's claws.

Boyd groans in pain as he collapses.

Tate watches in horror as Boyd's body sanks on the ground. This hadn't told Kali at all. Tate had not wanted to see it end this way at all.

"I'll give you until the next full moon, Derek. Make the smart choice. Join the pack. Next time I'll kill you all," Kali says as she pulls Tate along.

Tate looks back at Boyd's dead body for the last time. Tears slowly form in her eyes, but she quickly blinks them away.

It never had to end this way....