chapter 18

I started down the Cockatrice. In the one book, was not confirmed but it was said that Griffins where the one thing that stood a major threat to Cockatrice because, cockatrice can't turn them to stone. It roared and threw me and i luckily missed a tree, that would of hurt more then the ground.

I felt a burning on my arm and looked and saw what seemed to be its venom. It burned through my skin and it made me feel dizzy. I felt tears fall that i tried to hild back, but the pain was to mich.

I tried to stand but i just fell back down. Through my blurry vision i could see the Cockatrice run at me again. And throw me high in the air.

With the gush i wind i felt my heart tighten. And i could hear nothing but the slow beat of it. It had to be the poison. This was it. I was gonna die. But its not so bad. I did my best. I did good in the world, i made something of myself, people know me for the good i did. And Luci. My sweet Luci, I know even if i die she will be protected. She will be loved and safe.

My business will be safe with Charlie. God i feel like i been falling forever. Who knew dying would be so slow. I looked and saw the setting sun, god i loved the setting sun. I smiled as i let the tears flow freely now.

Free, funny word. These last months maybe, i been nothing but held captive but yet. I never felt so free before. It feels nice. Even through the burning of my skin and the pain of my body. As i thought about my life i couldn't help but smile.