8

Soon you found yourself comfortably sat across from Eddie, both quietly enjoying your milkshakes and the shared order of salty fries that he insisted on dipping into your chocolate shake.

He's such a kid... but you kinda love it.

Softly nudging your foot with his, he forced your attention back to him, "You wanna talk about it?"

You sighed, contemplating if you actually wanted to bother Eddie with the details or not.

"I don't know, it felt like it was about so much and nothing all at the same time, if that makes sense?"

His brow furrowed, giving you a confused look as he dipped a finger full of fries into your shake, "Not really."

"Eddie I don't know-" you grumbled, shuffling around to get comfortable in vintage red and white bench, it's plastic exterior squeaking against your jeans as you moved, "-I brought up some shit from the past that made me feel even sick to mention,-"

Instantly he interrupted you, "He didn't-"

"No, no, nothing like that." You sighed, you hadn't ever told Eddie how you and Steve actually ended up together, "Just makes me feel guilty is all." you paused, taking a sip of your French Fry tainted milkshake, "Your name was brought up too."

He looked a little shocked, "Oh?"

"Yeah I guess it's obvious, apparently you-" you lifted your finger, giving air quotes around the words you recalled leaving Steve's big mouth, "undress me with your eyes every chance you get."

Raising an eyebrow again, shrugging his shoulders, the brown eyed man in front of you chuckled, "Well he's not wrong."

"Eddie!" You playfully snapped, giving him a gentle slap on the arm, "That's not the point."

Only continuing to smile, he gave you a stern expression as he pointed a finger full of fries at you, "Watch it there Princess, remember what happened last time you hit me like that."

The memory instantly flooded through your brain forcing a flutter to trickle through your core, "Shut up."

Letting a small chuckle escape his lips, he snuck another few fries into your milkshake when your attention is suddenly pulled to the door as it chimed open.

Great

Bursting through the doorway proudly came Steve, sauntering in with Jody giggling on his arm, though both of their expressions fell flat as their eyes met yours. Shoving her off his arm they went to the counter to order Milkshakes and unfortunately made the decision to walk over to the booth you and Eddie shared.

Sliding into the booth next to you, Steve's eyes burned into Eddie watching as Jody scooched in next to him.

With a shit eating grin plastered across his face, Eddie ran the toe of his shoe down your calf as his eyes flicked to meet Steve's, "Howdy Harrington."

You resisted the urge to snicker as you watched Steve's brows furrow, "Don't fucking 'Howdy' me Munson. What the fuck is that even?"

Eddie said nothing, only shrugging, continuing to smile as he obnoxiously slurped his milkshake.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Freak?"

Distaste for the nickname riddled Eddie's face though he remained calm and spoke quite matter of factly, leaning back into his seat with his arms crossed, "Well Harrington, if you must know, I'm treating your girl here to fries and a milkshake after you made her cry."

Jody flashed you a look of concern as if she pretend to actually care.

"She fucking started it." Steve grumbled, pulling his gaze from Eddie after being called out.