chapter four

I cleaned my area and went towards the board. I started cleaning erasers. As I was cleaning I saw Mr. Phillips get out of his seat and go to the supply room from the corner of my eye. About a minute passes and I see Prissy enter the supply room. I just shrugged it off and kept cleaning erasers. I then heard a slight shuffle come though the room. So I decided to go take a look through the window that was in the supply room.  As I look I see Mr. Phillips sitting down while Prissy gives him a neck massage. I then notice Mr. Phillips get up, so I rush back into the classrom and continue my chore.

About four minutes later. I hear the door knob jiggle and I look up to see Mr. Phillips and Prissy come out of the door. I look down at the erasers and just smile to myself. I can not wait to tell the girls tomorrow. "You can stop cleaning the erasers now and let the rest of the children know it is time to get back to class." I heard a tall dark brunette say. "Yes, Mr Phillips" I obey.  I tell everyone it is time to come back inside. Within the next five minutes everyone is back in their seats. As I sat down and I turn to my right and notice Gilbert loooking at me. Once he notced I was looking at him he smiled. I started blushing. Blushing? Why am I blushing? I made a quick smile and turned to the board.

Once Mr. Phillips announced we could return home I quickly grabbed my coat and my empty lunch bag. I decided to wait for Ruby outside. As I was waiting Gilbert came towards me. "I am sorry Alice" "What are you sorry for?" I asked confused. "I made us late for school and its all my fault and again I am tru-" "Gilbert" I cut him off "I don't blame you. Do not overthink. I am not upset with you at all." "But-" "Gilbert" I said with a straight face. "Alright, Alright. I will not blame myself anymore." I looked over Gilbert's shoulder and notice Ruby walking towards us. "Are you ready Alice?" Ruby asked. "Ofcourse I am. Are you?" "Yes." "Well I should get going then. Goodbye Ruby and Alice. I will see you tomorrow." he says while walking away. Ruby and I just smile and wave until he turns around.

Tomorow? There is no school tomorrow.