Moving Day

A week later...
That day was a horrible day for Michael Wheeler. While he was in a better physical state than some, his emotional state was reminiscent of a teenage girl on her period. Fun, right?

Mike, obviously, wasn't having cramps that hurt like hell. But a hole was being dug in his heart as his best friend and girlfriend, teary-eyed, got in the car and left him for what would be the last time in a long time.

Max's POV
That day was... hard. I'd been doing better, but that's mostly because Neil was out drinking longer than he was home drunk. For the past few weeks, since we learned that El and the Byers were moving, I had been spending as much time as possible with Will and Eleven.

Will and I were never close, but we were friends, and I was sad to see him go. Jane, of course, was a different story- but that's mostly because she was my only female friend (and best friend) and she saved our asses too many times to count. Jonathan? I didn't know him (at all, I barely knew he existed until he and Nancy bought us pizza for a D&D campaign), but I could tell h and Nancy weren't going to be a very good long-distance couple. And Joyce... well, she's Joyce. Amazing person, great mother, kindest woman I've ever met. That's all I know.

I had held my myself together that day, laughing and joking with Lucas and helping Will sort out donations. But when the moment came for those last tight embraces, my emotions spiraled put like a wrecking ball, battering against my chest relentlessly.

Now the party was that of four, until some day the Byers would come back and slip right back into good old Hawkins Indiana.