chapter 1:Are we still shooting?

——————~•~——————

Inside a small convenience store, a young man sat behind the counter. He stirred his cooked cup noodles while watching a popular award show on his phone.

The sliding glass doors opened. The young man paused his phone and looked up to greet the customer but was immediately stunned.

A familiar-looking man wearing an expensive-looking white coat walked towards the counter. His slicked-back hair revealed his sharp facial features in full view. The man bowed his head to meet the young man's eyes.

'He looks even more handsome up close.' The young man thought to himself.

The man was about to speak when the young man's accidentally touched the screen on his phone.

["The winner for best actor is...Zander—]

The young man quickly closed his phone.

"Sorry about that, sir. How can I help you?"

"A pack of cigarettes." The man's deep mellow voice made the young man slightly flustered.

The man looked at the snacks displayed on the counter and picked cookies and cream chocolate and a pack of gum.

The young man scanned the items bagged them up in a paper bag and asked, "Are you paying cash or credit?"

The man reached inside his pocket and laid down a stack of bills on the counter.

"S-sir, this...."

"A small tip." The man then walked out with his purchase.

The young man stared at the "small" tip in disbelief. A notification suddenly popped up from his phone. His friend posted a photo captioned [Stayed up late and he didn't attend!!!]

The young man scrolled down the post and saw a picture of a celebrity that looked exactly like the man who came. After putting the clues together he suddenly realized.

The man who bought from him was actually the actor who played the character he liked from that new show.

"Fuck."

                                ~•~

Zander propped a cigarette on his lips and lit it up as he walked along the empty street. He reached into his coat and took out his phone. 18 missed calls and 13 unread messages all from the same number popped up on his screen.

As soon as he dialled the number the person immediately picked up.

[Where the hell are you, Zander?!]

Zander let out a puff of smoke before answering back, "Taking a walk."

[Where?!]

Zander slightly distanced the phone from his ear and replied, "I don't know the name of the street."

[Stop messing around and tell me where you are!]

"Did you take my award?"

Zander let out a small chuckle as he imagined his friend walking up the stage and apologizing profusely because of his absence.

[You wanna get punched?!]

"I was bored, okay? By the way, I borrowed a few bills from your wallet."

[What?]

His friend suddenly went silent only the shuffling of papers could be heard.

"I'll pay you back."

[You—]