{2}

Unlike yesterday, today was pretty warm, perhaps it was that pleasant dream you had, perhaps it was a hunch as to what would happen later. You decided to go sit by that tree from yesterday and read a graphic novel. The world seemed to disappear whenever you read, the words and pictures filling your head completely. Before you knew It, it was getting dark outside. You walked back to your house.

You decided to live out the ultimate cottage core lifestyle by making peppermint tea. You also had some cake (not that kind, silly ;D) in the fridge. You wanted to save it for some sort of a special occasion, but it was your favorite flavor; you couldn't resist it.

~~~~15 minutes later~~~~

You were finishing up your tea, when you heard some rustling outside. You were hesitant to go check it out, but curiosity got the best of you. You put on your shoes and opened the door. You had expected to see an animal or something, but this was much better. There was a person outside with a stunned expression on his face.
"Uhm....hi?" He spoke.

"Hello. Do you want to come in for tea and possibly some cake?" You proposed.

"Sure, that'd be nice." He answered with a small smile.

You opened the door and let him in. You took note of his German-y British-y accent, it somehow caressed your brain. He stared in awe at your t.v, which was playing Markiplier's FNAF playthrough. You grinned, assuming he was a fan of Mark's channel, and started pouring the tea. He looked strangely familiar; sounded familiar too. You just couldn't put your finger on it.

"How big do you want your slice?" You said, holding a knife over the cake.

"Uh, normal?"

"Okie dokie, buddy!" You held back a chuckle and cut out a 'normal' slice for him.

You brought over a small foldable table and set it down in front of the couch. It was a light wood material with some little drawings you made. You went back into the kitchen and brought out the sweets.

"Food's ready!" you beamed.

"Finally!" he exclaimed, and seated down on the couch.

You sat next to him and put the food on the table. You had never seen someone look so excited over tea in your life, poor boy was practically jumping out of his seat.

"So...are you a big fan of peppermint?" you asked him, trying to spark a conversation.

"Oh, Father doesn't really let us have sweets. He says it'll rot our insides."

"Our? Do you, like, have siblings or something?"

"Yeah, i'm actually an octuplet!"

You gave him a look of sheer disbelief. Eight kids? EIGHT!?

"Well, actually I have 23 siblings, but I mostly interact with those seven."

"Holy shit." you thought to yourself.

"Hey, I never got your name." he enunciated.

"It's Y/n, how about yours?"

"Mattias."

"So, tell me more about these siblings of yours."

When I tell you his face lit up, I mean it LIT UP. He was so happy to talk about his family.

"Okay, so we have Kaitlyn and Gunther..."
(I'm gonna spare you from his ramblings(even though they're so mfing cute))

"...and we all live in a church just along the path right outside!"

"Woah, your parents must have gotten busy huh?" You muttered, putting emphasis on the "busy" part.

"Hahah...yeah they probably did." The joke completely went over his head.

You turned off the t.v and brought out a box of vintage records.

"Pick something, just anything." You commanded him.

He looked through each and every one of them, eventually deciding on Queen's "A Day At The Races" album.

"Good choice!" you chirped, and pat him gently on the back.

You got up and placed it in your Victrola; it instantaneously started playing Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy. Your friend, Skyler, made an entire 60 chapter baldi's basics fanfic because of this song. You bet you could find it if you looked sufficiently. (PLEASE DON'T FIND IT I'M BEGGING YOU)

"Is there an orchestra trapped in that little box?" Mattias inquired, looking genuinely concerned.

"No, they've been flattened into that disc." You knew that phrase would come back to bite you later.

"Poor people, flattened for our amusement."

You got up once again and pulled out a small checkerboard from your t.v stand. It had a little compartment under the board for all the pieces.

"Do you know how to play?" you asked him.

"Yeah, we play this during the holidays!"

----timeskip----
After a few wins and losses, you decided to watch (favorite show) with him. He started off just fine, but soon fell asleep. You liked how peaceful he looked, and didn't want to disturb him. After a bit of contemplating, you decided to carry him back to his house. How hard could it be?

-.. . .--. .-. . ... ... .. --- -. / .. ... / .- / -... .. - -.-. .... / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- ... / .... . .-. . ... / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. .... .- .--. - . .-. <3

818 words!