{3}

You picked him up bridal style, as it was the easiest way. You made sure to be gentle so you didn't wake him up. You carefully opened the door with your hip and set out for his house. The forest was strangely well-lit from the moon.

"Okay Y/n, all you have to do is follow this little path." You whispered to yourself.

You walked with a brisk, yet, cautious momentum. You didn't want to drop the blonde and have to explain why you were carrying him in the first place. After a couple of minutes, a tall church came into view. Its windows were illuminated and you could faintly hear talking.

"Ah, so that's where he lives," you muttered in awe. "This place is huge."

You slowed down your pace and prepared to explain yourself. You stopped for a moment to check on the sleeping boy you had held in your arms for nearly 5 minutes. He looked so beautiful, his skin glistened in the moonlight, and his cheeks were ever so slightly flushed. You snapped yourself out of your thoughts to focus on the task at hand and proceeded forward. You had arrived at a large door; about ten feet tall. There was an open window a couple of meters away, but it would look bad if you broke in. You softly knocked on the door, no answer. You tried again, but still, no answer. You were seriously considering just fleeing and letting him stay at your house when someone opened the door.

It was a boy with long bangs that covered his eyes, he had a kind and welcoming smile and let you in. The inside was nicely decorated with many little crosses and biblical statues.

"HIMYNAMEISWOLFGANGBUTYOUCANCALLME-"
"Shhhh" you hushed him and pointed at the resting boy.
"Oh, right..." he let out, scratching the back of his neck.
Just then another boy, this one with magnificent glacial blue eyes, emerged from a hallway.

"Hey Tobaby, could you show them to your room? Father's mad at me for tracking mud in the house again."  and just like that he left.

Who you assumed was Tobias or Tobaby as the other male called him, took a deep breath before signaling you to follow him. You walked down an eerie hallway with many doors and crosses. At first, the crosses were somewhat endearing, now they're highly unnerving.

"We're here, his bed's right there." 'Tobaby' grumbled, pointing at the bed nearest to the door.

You carefully set the blonde down and tucked him in. He stirred around a bit then relaxed. You turned around to finally go home, but 'Tobaby' grabbed you by the wrist and dragged you into a confession booth.

"Tell me, what were you doing with my brother?" He questioned you. "I'm not mad, and I won't tell our father, I just want to know." His voice was stern.

You explained to him how Mattias was outside your house, and you just invited him in to chill.

"I can see it in your eyes, you are a kind person. Now, please leave before he sees y-"

"Oh there you are!" a tall man with glasses trumpeted as he opened the door.

The man had a long, silver braid that went down his back. Judging by the look on his face, he was somewhat happy(?) to see you.

"Wolfe told me about an amiable lad that came to drop off Mattias, might that be you?" His gaze wandered onto you.

"Uhm..." you looked over at 'Tobaby' who was muttering a prayer for you under his breath. "...yeah, I did."

"Thank you! I have a little something I would like to give you as a token of my appreciation. It's in my office if you would just follow me there."

He placed a hand on your shoulder and gently guided you. His office wasn't that far away, and you got to scope out a little more of the church. Unexpectedly, the man stopped and took out a black key.

"I have to lock the door because I have little ones and would hate it if they got hurt." He shared before opening the door and ushering you in.

Like the rest of the house, his office had red walls. It also had a massive desk in the middle with two chairs and lots of little trinkets on it. There was a window behind the desk and you could faintly see your house's lights were still on.

"Ah! Here you go kiddo!" He said with a large grin.

The man handed you a porcelain clown doll. It was no bigger than your hand and followed a black-and-white color scheme.

"Thank you, sir," you replied, a bit confused. "it's lovely."

"What's with all the formality? Just call me Lucas!"

"My name's y/n."

.. / ... .-- . .- .-. / - .... . / -.. --- .-.. .-.. / .. ... -. .----. - / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / -... .- -..

806 words