Chapter 5: Taste

It was only after Su Le entered the room did she see Chen Yue, that lass, already seated down at a corner nibbling on some melon seeds as she chatted with a guy beside her. He must be a good looking person since Chen Yue seemed to not have noticed Su Le when she entered.

Walking towards Chen Yue, Su Le sat beside her and carefully examined the guy. No matter how Su Le looked, the guy seemed very familiar yet she could not recall who he was.

“Ah? Chen Yue, that’s your good friend from university, Su Le, right?” The guy immediately recognised Su Le when he saw her, “Su Le, long time no see. I didn’t think you would be in this city.”

For the time being, Su Le couldn’t recognise who this person was, but looking at Chen Yue’s attitude, he and Chen Yue must have been friends. Su Le also smiled and nodded her head, “mmm, right. After I graduated, I always stayed in this city to work, but I never thought you would be here too.”

“Ah, the last time I heard, you had wanted to work near your parent’s house. So how come you’ve stayed here?” The man passed a beverage to Su Le, “At that time, there was someone who found it a pity when you made that decision.”

Su Le was surprised, because her decision to return to her hometown was spoken by her during her second year. For this man to know that, she guessed, she must have met him during her second year. Su Le turned to look at Chen Yue, hoping to find an answer on her.

“Cao Yu Dong, what nonsense are you talking about,” Chen Yue saw the change in Su Le’s expression and thought Su Le must have recalled something about Zhuang Wei so she hurriedly closed the topic, “You are our senior by two years, what do you know.”

Cao Yu Dong remembered the matter between Su Le and Zhuang Wei, so he lifted his head to look at Wei Chu who was standing a few steps away. Cao Yu Dong smiled and cleverly started another topic.

Su Le listened to Chen Yue and Cao Yu Dong’s conversation and slowly remembered who Cao Yu Dong was. Wasn’t he the student ambassador of their department? And when he left, it was Zhuang Wei who was elected to take over the position.

Thinking about Zhuang Wei, Su Le wrinkled her brows and reached out to open her beverage but she felt her hand tremble slightly.

“I’ll help.” Someone took the beverage away from her hands and she only heard a noise of it being opened. The person then sat down beside her and conveniently placed a straw in the drink before passing the drink back to her.

“Thank you,” Su Le received the drink and shifted her seat closer to Chen Yue before smiling at Wei Chu.

Chen Yue and Cao Yu Dong stopped chatting and placed their attention on the other two. Chen Yue asked in surprise, “Senior Wei, I gave you a call yesterday morning and you said you wouldn’t be coming.”

Wei Chu smiled gracefully and said, “I learnt how to cook a few dishes from my grandmother. If you have the time, you can come try some of the Sichuan dish that I made.”

Su Le smiled brightly, “Ok, when there’s a chance, I will definitely try.” Su Le was really surprised that Wei Chu could cook, but she was not foolish to take the sudden invitation seriously. As a woman, even if she wasn’t the smartest, the least she should know was how to adapt to the different situations.

Wei Chu could see that Su Le not serious about his invitation, so he stopped talking about it and changed the topic, “I heard from Chen Yue that you’ve resigned. Do you have any interest working in my company?”

Su Le was startled but immediately declined with a smiled, “Thank you, Senior Wei, but I’m not in a hurry to find a job as of yet. I’ll take my time to search for them first.” After speaking, Su Le’s heart tightened. Sooner or later, she would have to zip that mouth of Chen Yue’s.