Chapter 24: Learning

Hi! Here is the continuation of Jake and Delane's apprenticeship among the omatikayas, continuing their initiations to become Na'vi. Above, another passage from the Tsu'tey Path comic. Feel free to vote, if you liked it, or to comment.

Jake's point of view

I was looking for Lutsey, not seeing her from her usual hammock. On my way down, I noticed a young woman matching Neytiri's description, seemingly caring for a baby in her arms. Probably her daughter.

Me: Excuse me....Neytiri, right?

She turned her gaze towards me, holding her daughter in her arms. She remained strangely calm, although I saw a hostile glint in her eye.

Neytiri: That's right, Jake Sully. If you're looking for my sister, she's downstairs, probably training with Tsylan outside the Kelutral.

Me, smiling: Oh...Thanks

I was about to take the strange natural spiral serving as a natural staircase to access the floors of the Kelutral in order to reach the ground floor, when I saw a strange Na'vi coming up. He was strangely young, judging by his face and bearing a scar on his left eye. The strangely curly black hair made him look younger, although the look he gave me was quite icy, looking strangely like Delane's when she was in combat mode. His clothes were also strange, having never seen him in the clan. Indeed, the top in a fine white texture, with an armband made of light material on her left arm. His bottom was a set of light fabric, seeming leaves, black and red colors.

Young man: What are you still doing here, tawtute?

Me: I was about to leave, join...

Young man: Then go! Your teacher is not known for her patience.

Oh...if I didn't know better...

Neytiri: Calm down, Tsylan. He was just asking where my sister was. He only arrived two days ago and still has to get used to it.

Tsylan...So that was Neytiri's companion! He looks so young!

Tsylan: Never mind. I don't want to see any of those sky demons near you and our daughter.

Neytiri: I can defend myself, you know.

Me: Tell me, your outfit...Is it a peculiarity of you or are you not from the clan? This is the first time I've seen it.

He stared at me with annoyance, seeming hesitant at first from the movement of his tail. Then he decided to answer.

Tsylan: I come from a clan of Ikran riders from the east. That's all you need to know. Now go, before your teacher loses her patience.

Well...I won't insist, considering your tone. I could always ask Delane. Since she knew better than I did. So, I started to walk down to Lutsey, not wanting to stay with the hostile young father.

Neytiri's point of view

I was carrying Sylwyn in my arms, asleep, when Tsylan arrived with a look I didn't like to see. It was the one when he was upset, having noticed it during our arguments. And poor Jake had arrived at the worst possible time to talk to him.

Me: What happened?

Tsylan: Nothing important.

Me: I know you, Tsylan. What's the matter?

He sighed before smiling, seeing our daughter in our arms, gently touching her little hands which made her smile.

Tsylan: She has your sister's eyes, but your beautiful face.

Me: Don't change the subject, darling.

Tsylan: I ran into the tawtute Delane.

Me: Your sister?