Chapter 33: Julia

Hi! Here is the continuation, with a small conversation between Neytiri and Tsylan, concerning Misoka. We hope you like it. Don't hesitate to vote, if you do, and to comment.

Neytiri's point of view

We were taking advantage of Sylwyn's nap to start preparing for our trip to my home. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was thinking. It had to be said that the last few days had not been easy for my husband. Memories of Ben flooded his mind, forcing him to accept the obvious. That they were one and the same and that was a relief. Tsylan could be as wise as he was stubborn. I was glad that he could finally accept this side of him.

However, there also came the problem of Misoka. I didn't dare to talk about it with him, but his resemblance to him bothered me greatly. Now that he had recovered his memories, perhaps he could give me some clarification. I had a feeling I knew, but I wanted to be sure. However, how to ask this question?

Tsylan: Is there a problem, honey?

I turned to him, before taking Sylwyn in my arms. Indeed, I had noticed her getting restless, demanding our attention. She calmed down at my touch, clinging to me. She seemed to need our attention. I smiled, seeing her eyes, reminding me of Lutsey. I couldn't wait to see what she would become when she grew up. Will she be a forest woman, like me, or an Ikran rider like her father? Then, my question came back to my mind.

Me: I would like to know...You and Misoka...

I didn't know if I wanted to know but I had to.

Tsylan: Yes?

Me: Are you...related? Now that you have your memory back...

Tsylan: You want to know if he's my son, don't you?

I bit my lips, seeing that he guessed the object of my torment of the last few days. Even though I knew it was before I knew myself, it hurt me to know that another woman was in his life, before me. And that he could have had a child by her.

Me: Is...is that the case?

He lowered his ears, sighing, before staring into my eyes.

Tsylan: That's all in the past, Neytiri. You, Sylwyn and the clan are my family now.

Hearing her words made my heart feel better, but my jealousy made me want to know about this woman who won my partner's heart before me.

Me: You still made him a son.

Tsylan growling: It's not even sure that's the case!

Me: Tsylan...I can observe. And you must be blind, not to see the similarities between you two.

Tsylan: I don't need to be reminded. Litya already tells me enough...

Me: So? Who is his mother?

I said it in a colder tone than I wanted. Probably due to my jealousy for the latter. It had to be me, the first one!

Tsylan, sighing: Julia. Her name was Julia. We were teammates, in my old life. By dint of missions, expeditions... We ended up having feelings. And what was supposed to happen, happened in one night. And then...

He remained silent for a moment, seeming to stare into space, but I could see his eyes watering. My partner rarely showed his feelings, despite our rather expressive nature. Seeing his pain, I couldn't help but lower my ears, feeling guilty for bringing back bad memories. I placed a tender hand on his forehead, showing my support and silently apologizing.

Tsylan: We split up. I guess she was carrying Misoka, at that time

Me: So you didn't know him, before he came to the clan?