Chapter 3 "A meeting between family"

The covers were soft, basically silk considering the amount of wealth Hades had. Nico was still dressed in what they both considered pajamas, but as the god of the dead didn't mind, Will only made him keep a blanket over his legs so he wouldn't be indecent around Hecate. They went to breakfast, accompanied by Nico's father and step mother, who they were very friendly with now that they'd come to an understanding. While Persephone had removed the curse on Nico, plants still weren't always the best with him.

"How are you fairing dear?" Persephone smiled softly at Nico, reaching out and gently holding his hand from across the table. While she didn't need substance, she enjoyed her grandson's cooking, and often ate meals with the couple when they visited the underworld, usually for the weekend or holidays.

Nico blushed, smiling a little and hiding his face against Will's shoulder as he sipped his cup of coffee. "I'm doing better... Thanks Momma, I appreciate you asking."

Will quietly scooped a spoon of berries and warm oatmeal from his bowl, offering it to Nico, who opened his mouth and let his husband feed him. He smiled, chewing and enjoying the bite. Persephone smiled more at the display of affection, glancing at Hades who slightly nodded. He'd approved and was very glad to see Nico happy with Will, they took such good care of each other.

"It means a lot, thank you Persephone." Will smiled, a miniature sun lighting up at the concern a mother had for her child. The nature goddess looked pleased, a smile on her face as she spoke and laughed with her beloved children.

Hades was enjoying his time with his wife, talking and laughing, joking even with Will and Nico as they spoke of their adventures as a somewhat domestic couple. Nico and Hades complained about paperwork to their respective Partners, which got laughter from them both.

"Lord Hades?" A butler appeared, ghostly and dressed in a surprisingly well worn suit, somehow he wore it despite his low rank as staff. The small Italian looked at the butler, smiling at the nervous ghost.

"Your guest has arrived." Will held Nico closer, feeling anxious as the goddess Hecate entered the room. A snake slithered on her neck, making the Healer wince a little. Dressed in an elegant black dress that dragged Slightly against the floor, but the goddess didn't seem to mind. Her hair was black, it's fade turning to a light orange that reminded Nico of a pumpkin, which made it hard not to laugh at her. A pumpkin spice goddess! Her crown was intricate, pointed and likely a good weapon. Nico kind of wanted one. He'd have to get himself one before they left to the magical realm.

"Hello children, Lord Hades, Lady Persephone." She smiled, sitting at the table with the gods and demigods.

"Hecate." There was a politeness in Hades' voice, but it was cold, freezing like the winter Demeter created when her child stayed with her husband.

"My son wants to go to your school, the one he was supposed to go to. Hogwarts, was it?" Hecate listened, looking impatient but curious. She knew this conversation would come, but she hadn't expected it to include their deal.

"Very well, that's perfectly fine. Yes, Maria wanted her children to attend Hogwarts, the magical school in Scotland." Nico tensed, gripping Will's hand when he heard where he would be going. Yes, he'd traveled all over the world for the gods, but he'd never gotten the change to travel for himself. He smiled hesitantly at his husband, blushing when Will muttered a joke about time travel.

"You're right Son of Apollo, we will be using time travel to get you both there. Get your things together this evening, in a day I'll guide you to Hogwarts. How does that sound children?"

Will paused, looking at the titan goddess in confusion. She stood suddenly, leaving no time for them to process their rather short conversation before she turned and left the dining room, vanishing behind a door and returning to her realm of the Crossroads.

"But what about blending in with the mist?"

-----

Persephone led the two to their room, consoling Will's worries and cheering up Nico when he got anxious at the thought of going to school again.

"Get what you have at the palace, then have Hades take you home. Ok dears? I'll have some plants ready for you to take to help you both stay calm in the new setting. Come see me in the garden once you're finished."

"We can do that, thanks Momma!" Nico smiled at Persephone, waving goodbye as she left the two to pack for their trip. She made her way to her garden, intending to get plants they could use to make tea and medicine. Nico knew how to make tea and Will knew how to make medicine, she'd taught them both herself. She'd even taken away Nico's curse a long time ago. Though, Plants still didn't like him well, it was likely because of her mother. It made her a bit upset thinking of her mother, but watching Nico struggling with plants always brought a smile to her face, especially when Will practically was a sun like his father.

The two demigods were quiet, packing away the extra clothes they kept at the castle, Nico kidnapped a few of Will's camp half-blood hoodies in the process and put one on, letting Will take one of his many Aviator jackets. They spoke softly, giggling and teasing each other as they packed, being given bags and suitcases by one of the butlers. They appreciated that, since Will knew Nico was going to get multiple books on the magical world when they arrived in England. Though, he didn't understand why he couldn't go to the American school instead. Oh well, whatever Hecate wanted, he supposed. They couldn't really go against the goddess of magic, could they?