⚜️3⚜️

Esmeralda and Y/n were shocked by what they heard. They ran over to the cathedral's door and opened them, only to see guards talking about Frollo's orders to guard every door. They then slammed the door shut and Esme sat down on the floor.
"Don't worry guys, if Frollo thinks he can keep us here he's wrong." she said.
"Don't act irrationally my children, " archdeacon said, "you have made quite a stir at the festival. It would be unwise to arouse Frollo's anger further."
"You saw what he did out there," as Esmeralda said that she got up, "letting that crowd torture that poor boy. I thought if just one person could stand up to him and.."*sigh*
"At the very least we did it." Y/n said.
"What do they have against people who are different anyway ?" Esme asked.
"You can't write all the wrongs of this world by yourself." archdeacon said.
"Well no one out there's gonna help, that's for sure."
"Well.. perhaps there's someone in here who can." archdeacon said and left them.
Esmeralda, Y/n and Djali then stood there for a while and then walked around.

~~~~~~~~~~~(sorry I'm too tired to rewrite her song here)

"Woah, you're really good at dancing, battling and you have such a beautiful voice !" Y/n said in awe.
"Thanks, if you'd like I can teach you my skills." Esmeralda chuckled.
"Please do!" they said in excitement.
"You bellringer, what are you doing down here ?!" someone suddenly shouted. A falling candleholder could be heard after that. Esmeralda and Y/n turned towards that sound and saw Quasimodo.
"Haven't you caused enough trouble already ?" the person added. Quasi then started running away.
"Wait." Esme and Y/n said in unison. They both then followed him till they got to the bell tower.

"Here you are. I was afraid I had lost you." Esme said.
"Yes um.. well I have chores to do. I-i-it was nice seeing you, again." Quasi said and then got shy. He ran up the stairs and Esmeralda followed him. Y/n stood for a while and looked at the gargoyles that were behind them. "How did they get inside ? Aren't these supposed to be somewhere else ?" they thought out loud. They then went upstairs as well.
"What is this place ?" Esmeralda asked.
"This is where I live." the bellringer answered her.
"Did you make all these things yourself ?" she then asked.
"Most of them." he said.
"This is beautiful!" Y/n said in awe.
"If I could do this, you wouldn't find me in the streets dancing for coins." Esmeralda said while walking over to a table. Y/n joined her and they couldn't believe what they saw. A very accurate model of the Notre Dame, the surroundings and the people.
"Amazing!" they said in excitement.

"But you're a wonderful dancer." Quasi complimented Esme.
"The best dancer I've ever seen for sure." Y/n said.
"Well it keeps bread on the table anyway." she said and then started checking out the table.
"What's this ?" Y/n asked as they were about grab a thing covered in a piece of fabric.
"Oh, no please I-I I'm not finished. I still have to paint them." Quasimodo stuttered.
"It's the blacksmith and the baker!" Y/n chuckled as they were checking out the wooden figures.
"You're a surprising person, Quasimodo." Esmeralda said. "Not to mention lucky, all this room to yourself."
"Well it's not just me, there's the gargoyles and of course, the bells." Quasi said and gestured his hand toward the bells. "Would you like to see them ?"
"Yes, of course, wouldn't we guys ?" Esme asks.
"Sure, why not." Y/n answers as they try to stop Djali from eating the wooden sheep figurines.
"Follow me, I'll introduce you." the bellringer said and then swung around and said the names each bell had.
"And who's this ?" the dancer asked.
"Big Marie." Quasi responded.
When they went inside it, Esmeralda called out "Hellooo" and Y/n joined her with a "Woooooo". Both echoued around in the bell.
"She likes you." Quasi said with a warm smile on his face. "Would you like to see more ?"
"How 'bout it you guys ?" Esme asks
"Fine by me." Y/n answers. Djali just burps and the sound echoes around the Big Marie bell.
"We'd love to." Esmeralda then said.
"Good, I saved the best for last." the bellringer said with a smile and led everyone on the top of one of the Notre Dame's towers.

Quasi then climbed on the railing and Esme and Y/n came to it. All three of them enjoyed the view of the Paris. It was so beautiful that Y/n wished they could just stand there and stare forever. No worries, just this view. "I bet the king himself doesn't have a view like this." they said, feeling relaxed and happy.
"I could stay up here forever." Esmeralda said, agreeing with Y/n.
"You could, you know." Quasimodo said happily.
"No, I couldn't." the romani dancer said.
"Neither could I, I think." Y/n shrugged, realizing that their parents would miss them a lot.
"Oh yes, you have sanctuary." the bellringer smiled.
"But not freedom, gypsies don't do well inside stone walls." Esmeralda said.

"But y-you're not like other gypsies." Quasi stuttered. "They are evil."
"Who told you that ?" Y/n asked. They were used to everyone else, except their parents, demonizing people who were different in one way or other. But hearing him say that surprised them.
"My master, Frollo. He raised me." Quasi responded and went up on the roof top.
"How could such a cruel man raise someone like you ?" Y/n asked as they and Esme joined the bellringer and sat down on the rooftop with him.
"Cruel ? Oh no, he saved my life. He took me in when no one else would." as Quasi said that, doubts had risen in Y/n's mind. Nobody else would abandon a baby, even if it looks a little bit different from other ones. Right ?
"I'm a monster, you know." he said.
"Who told you that ?" Esmeralda asked this time.
"Look at me." he simply said, gesturing towards himself. Y/n didn't know what to say. They almost had an urge to punch Frollo or anyone who made Quasi think he's a monster. Because he isn't a monster at all, based on how he treats them.
"Give me your hand." Esme said out of nowhere.
"What ?" both the bellringer and Y/n asked.
"Just let me see it." she said and took his hand. Y/n looked over Quasimodo's shoulder to see Esmeralda reading his hand. They were confused by this, yet curious at the same time.

"A long life line," she said and pointed on a line on his palm, "and this one means you're shy." Y/n just nodded as that was pretty accurate. Quasi did give off shy vibes. It could have been some kind of a coincidence, but they were fascinated by what she could read out of the bellringer's hand. Y/n even though of asking her to read from their palm.
"Well that's funny." she then said.
"What ?" Quasi and Y/n asked.
"I don't see any."
"Any what ?"
"Monster lines, not a single one."

Yaay I managed to finish another chapter. Sorry for the long break, I'll try my best to update faster than before. Merry Christmas and a happy new year y'all. <33