⚜️4⚜️

Y/n was speechless, there was a possibility that she said that to make him feel better. But it could also mean he's no monster at all!
"Now you look at me, do you think I'm evil ?" Esmeralda asked.
"No, no no you're kind and good and-" the bellringer said and held her palm in his hands.
"And a gypsy," she cut him off, "and maybe Frollo's wrong about the both of us."
Y/n almost giggled because at first they thought that Esmeralda said "Frollo's nose is long and he wears a dress." As soon as they realized that they just misheard her they nodded in agreement without saying anything.

"You helped me, now I will help you." Quasi suddenly said.
"But there's no way out, there are soldiers at every door!" Y/n said back.
"We won't use a door." as the bellringer said that he climbed on the railing.
"You mean climb down?" Esme asked.
"Sure, you carry him," he said while gesturing to Djali, "I cary you."
"There might be a problem with it." Y/n nervously said as Esmeralda told her pet goat to jump in her arms.
"What problem ?" both Quasi and Esmeralda asked them.
"Well heights are just very unnerving to me. Mind if I think it through up here?"
"Not at all, I'll be back quickly." after he said it, the bellringer climbed down with Esmeralda in one arm and using the other one to hold on the cathedral.

Y/n stepped back and thought about their choices. They can let Quasimodo help them safely escape and risk getting a heart attack. Or they can just sneak around the guards and run all the way home. Or they figure out another escape plan. But would any other ideas work? Y/n wanted to avoid Quasi's idea because every time they looked down from a high place their first thought was what would happen if they fell down. And that the last thing they want right now. Y/n were deeply in thoughts that they didn't realize they went back to the bell tower. They weren't sure how long it would take Quasi to return so they thought it would be good to stroll around and organize their thoughts. While they were walking down the stairs focused on their ideas, worst case scenarios they could think of and other things going on in their mind, they bumped into someone.

"Woah, sorry I didn't expect to see anyone here." Y/n quickly apologized.
"That's alright, I was just looking for you." the other person said.
It took them just a second to look around and realize that the person they bumped into was Phoebus. Of all people who could come into the cathedral it was him. But why was he here?
"What?" they asked in confusion.
"Well I'm looking for you and for
Esmeralda."
"Why?" Y/n tilted their head.
"Don't worry I mean you and her no harm, I just want to know if you two are okay."
"She's alright."
"Really ?"
"Yes and so am I. Just on my way home." Y/n said sheepishly and tried to leave by walking around him.
"Are you sure you can go on your own? There's guards at every door and they're looking for you too, you know?"
"Well do you have any good idea on how to help me?" Y/n said with a pinch of sarcasm in their voice.
"Luckily for you I do, but you probably won't like it."
"As long as it doesn't involve heights it's fine by me."

Phoebus and Y/n then walked to the front door and he turned to her: "I need you to trust me."
Y/n just nodded as an answer.
"Do you trust me that I'll help you leave safely?"
"Absolutely."
The guards captain then took a deep breath, grabbed Y/n's left arm and opened the door.

"Woah captian, you already caught one of them!" a guard at the door exclaimed.
"Yeah, the other one got away."
"Do you need our help?" the other guard said.
"No thanks, I'll take them to the Palace of Justice myself."
The two of them walked like that for a while and when Phoebus was sure they're far from Notre Dame enough, he let go if Y/n's arm.
"That wasn't very nice of you." Y/n sarcastically said, rubbing their arm.
"I told you that you won't like it." Phoebus said.
"And what now?"
"What now ? Run home as fast as you can. Unless you'd like me to walk you home, but that would be too conspicuous."
That caught Y/n off guard and they almost blushed.
"Well thank you Phoebus. Or should I call you Captian Phoebus?"
"Just Phoebus, you're welcome Y/n."
After they said their goodbyes Y/n ran back home.

Just when they opened the door to their house, their parents welcomed Y/n with hugs, telling them how worried they were when Y/n didn't come home after the festival of fools and asking them how did it go. Y/n answered their questions during the dinner but kept most of the truth to themselves. Later that night Y/n couldn't fall asleep, it was unbelievable how many things happened. They made three new friends. Or wasn't it just two? The thought of Phoebus being their friend sounded silly to them, but he helped them escape. Doesn't that mean something?

Hey everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm truly sorry for not updating for so long. Life isn't easy but don't worry, I'm getting motivation to finish this fic. I hope you all are like this. Thank you for reading and have a nice day! <33