1

"This looks like a good spot," Nadine stated, looking at the river in front of them. "We can wash our clothes and bathe here and use those trees for shelter tonight."

Chloe shrugged. "Works for me."

"Help me unpack." Nadine headed back for the truck with Chloe following close behind.

"What is all of this, anyway?"

"Just some usual stuff. MREs, tarp, water purifier, blanket-"

"Just the one blanket?"

"Well I thought you'd bring something with you besides the clothes on your back."

Chloe rolled her eyes in response, grabbing some of the stuff out of the truck.

"We'll sleep here tonight," Nadine told her after inspecting for the least rocky part of the ground.

"Great." Chloe dropped everything she was holding unceremoniously onto the ground. "I'm going for a swim." She ripped off her shirt while kicking off her boots. "I'll just leave those there."

Nadine averted her eyes, trying not to look at the now shirtless Chloe heading down towards the river.

"Come on!" Chloe yelled back, pausing to take off her socks as she looked back at her partner who was making herself busy fumbling with the water purifier.

Chloe stripped off the rest of her clothes and threw them in a pile on the riverbank. She waded in and sunk down until everything but her head was covered. "Come on in, the water's great!" she called back.