chapter one; concert blues

early summertime 2023

o2 arena, London, England

listen to while reading: me and your mama- childish gambino

---------------------------------------

Concerts were a huge event, they would be for anyone of course, but to me, they were so much more. There was a level of intimacy held between the fan and the singer, especially when it is your first time seeing them in real life. It's all so much more intimidating that way; the visuals, the volume, the crowds. They all fade away once they hold that mere one-second eye contact with you. I had been dreaming of this concert for months. I still remember purchasing the tickets, both Zara and I queueing on ticket master from the moment a European tour was mentioned. I still remember us discussing this concert back when we met last September, finding out we were both fans was amazing. And now here we were, standing in the same room as Enhypen.

"I cannot believe we just saw them live!" I gasped, my voice sounding hoarse from all the screaming, "I've been dreaming of this moment forever". The look on Zara's face told me that she felt the same, her cheeks glowed a deep red, matching the red outfit she was wearing. As we pushed open the doors to exit the arena, she pulled me aside. I was expecting many people outside, yet we were only met with an array of security guards; I guess these are the pros to not leaving immediately. "I need to smoke, come round here so those guards don't come bother us" she whispered into the side of my face, I nodded in compliance, needing a moment for myself also.

The tight alley way we led down was dark, it didn't reflect the same atmosphere as the rest of the buildings exterior. No streetlights, plants nor benches. Just darkness. I wasn't too bothered though, and leaned myself up against the buildings wall. 

"stay here ok? I will be back in two secs" Zara smiled, trailing around the corner, clutching her small box of cigarettes. "okay, be safe" I hummed in response. 

As she disappeared around the corner of the alley-way, I couldn't help but to feel alone. Yeah, there were thousands of people within probably a mile radius of me, but the loneliness stood out like a grey hair. Opening my phone, I stared lovingly at the photos I had taken from the concert, I carefully zoomed in, finding Sunghoon just to smile at how pretty he looked.

I had always heard people on twitter talk about how his visuals are incomparable in person and I finally understood what they had meant. He was almost god-like, legendary. His handsome face being princely, his smile a mix of dorky and stunning. I was in awe from the moment my eyes laid on him. As every fan would, I was hoping his eyes would land back on me, but I never felt them, Lee Heeseung however, it felt like we were magnetised to one another.

My wide smile was knocked swiftly off of my face as I was pushed over forcefully by a door I didn't even realise I was leaning against. There was a muffled muttering going on behind me yet my pounding head on the dusty ground distracted me. I could feel blood drip down my forehead and a pair of hands lift my chin up. That's when it all changed.

 I was unsure whether it was the concussion I now had, or pure concert blues but I swear Park Sunghoon himself was in front if me. With his hand grasped on my chin. Diverting my focus from him, my breath hitched as I realised it wasn't just him; but the entire band. 

Sunghoon.Heeseung.Jay.Jake.Sunoo.Jungwon.Niki

"Oh shit is she okay?" Heeseung frantically asked, pushing Sunghoon out of the way, replacing Sunghoons hands with his own.

"Let me help her, my English is the best!!!" Jake spat out, pushing Heeseung also. 

I sat on the ground in shock, feeling overwhelmed watching the boys I had fangirled over since 2020 fight over who got to help me, who was bleeding on the floor.