C H A P T E R: TWO

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  C H A P T E R:  II  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

•·.·''·.·• Be My Baby - The Ronettes •·.·''·.·•

I had been sitting in class zoning out a bit as I looked out the window. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. I saw a boy behind me. He smiled at me as he handed me a note, I turned back so the teacher wouldn't get suspicious. I opened the note when I noticed the teacher not paying attention.

Would you like to go on a date with me?

I blushed lightly, thanking God I wasn't facing him, so he couldn't see it. I wrote back on the paper.

I don't even know your name

I wrote back and handed him the paper back. I waited a moment before I felt a tap on my shoulder and I grabbed the paper.

John Ellis

I wrote my name back.

Jean Booker

It took a moment before he handed it back to me but once he did it was a lot longer than just a sentence.

I know. You're the girl who always has a book in her hand. I've noticed you a few times and wanted to ask you out. So how about that date?

I blushed even more than before. I can't believe he noticed me. I have been asked out a few times before and I have been on a few dates but they never seemed as genuine as him.

I would love too

I handed it back to him and looked at him as I did so. He was quite cute. He had hazel brown hair and brown eyes. I turned back and focused on the teacher after that.

At the end of class as I put my book away John made sure to get my attention.

"Hi, I was hoping to take you out this weekend. Only if that's okay with you," he told me. He blushed a little and then I heard some hollering at the doorway. I turned to see a group of boys. I looked at them and then back at John. "Sorry, those are my friends,"

"It's fine. And the weekends are fine for me," I put my bag down for a moment and grab a pencil and a piece of paper. "Here's my address and my number so you can call me and tell me what time you want to pick me up,"

We walked out together but went separate ways to our lockers. I had been fluster when I made it to my locker. I saw my brother coming towards me and hide my blush in a book.

"Hey little sis, how's your day going?" He asked me. He seemed extra chipper than usual but I didn't question it.

"I'm fine. I got to head to my next class so I'll see you later," I headed off quickly and straight to my next class. Prescott was protective over me so I didn't want to tell him about my date. On the last date I had he threatened the boy so much the guy dropped me immediately. Mama scolded him but that doesn't stop him when Mama's not around.