C H A P T E R: ONE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  C H A P T E R:  I  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

•·.·''·.·• Sh-Boom - The Crew Cuts •·.·''·.·•

I had just walked through the door of the apartment my family lived in. I could smell my mom making dinner as I put my bag down, next to the kitchen table. I go to the kitchen to see what she's making.

"Hi mama," I say to her as I give her a kiss on the cheek. I see she's making lasagna.

"Hi Jean, how was your day?" She's asks me. I loved days like these when I got home. It was just mama and me. Daddy was a work and Prescott out with some friends.

"It was good. Nothing really special happened," I told her as I started washing my hands and helping her cut some vegetables that she was going to cook as a side dish.

"Well that's good then. How are you feeling? Anything different today?" She asked with a worried voice. Sometimes I wondered if my mom ever stopped wondering about me, if she ever had a moment of price were she wasn't worrying about my health.

"I'm fine, mama. Nothing new," I said as I finished cutting the rest of the carrots. I put them in bowl for mama and then washed my hands as sat back down at the table.

"Ok but if anything happens let me know," I nodded giving her reassurance on my health. "Sweetheart can you turn on the radio?" The radio sat right on the middle of the dining table. I turned it on and Time After Time by Maragret Whiting came on.

I smiled as sit at the table and gaze out the window. I stared out people watching. I didn't do any homework that night as I got caught up watching the leaves fall and my head spin from the feeling of happiness. I watched as kids my age threw a football around and a group of girls watched. I was taken out of my thoughts when daddy came home and kissed me on the head.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

It was Saturday morning and I had woken up around 8 in the morning. I heard some shuffling in the kitchen so I started to get ready for the day. I took a lot of time on my hair as I wanted to go out today. My hair was high up with lots of hair spray and teasing. I put a pearl headband on, which was fake pearls but it didn't matter to me and then matching jewelry.

I put on long sleeve green shirt and a beige striped skirt. It flowed down to my lower calf. I put on a brown belt that showed my waist. I loved fashion but since we were tight on money a lot of times I normally made my clothes. Mama would get cheap fabrics or even give me old sheets that I could use to make clothes. She taught me how to sew when I was young so I became good at sewing.