Chapter 18

Next morning Shaan and Lucky went to meet Ragini. As Lucky parked his car in driveway of Aradhana Shaan was astonished and thought of getting a chance to meet his Swara. When they knocked a casual Ragini opened the door. That day she wore a casual Salwar kamiz without much makeup and her hair was loosely tied by a clutcher. She with a worm smile greeted Sanskar but stiffen as her yes fall on Laksh. Sharmistha and Shekhar came to greet them and were surprised to see Shanskar. Sharmistha said “Sanskar what a pleasant surprise!! You should have informed me that you are coming in my home. Is there any special news?” Shekhar also said “Come beta seat. It’s really good to see you.” and then his eyes fall on Laksh. Shaan was also surprised he asked “Aunty Uncle is Ragini your daughter? I didn’t have any idea about that I came with Lucky to meet her.” Things were clear Sharmistha asked “Laksh Maheswari is really your brother Lucky? It’s unbelievable” Shaan replied “I know sometimes he behave like immature brat but really, he is a good person and quite mature. I told you about him and his support” they nodded. He told to his brother “Lucky this is my Sharmistha Aunty and Shekhar Uncle Parent figure for me. I respect them a lot and they supported me a lot. She is my doctor too.” Sharmistha smiled “I was Sanskar. You don’t need any now.” Lucky knew about Shekhar and Sharmistha’s role in his Shaan’s life and he was grateful to them for those so he thought to go with the alliance. Shaan proposed Lucky and Ragini to talk separately and other agreed so they went to terrace. Swara knew about the meeting but she was against that. Her mother warned her to behave properly so she remained inside and practiced. As she was busy in practiced with earphone in her ears so she couldn’t hear those conversation but when she finished, she was shocked and surprised to hear the most familiar voice in her home. She ran to the drawing room to see puzzled, confused and surprised Shaan. She said “Shaan you are here?? How?” Shaan also asked “Swara you came from inside!! How?” Sharmistha said “You guys know each other!! Shona Sanskar is Laksh’s brother and Shaan Swara is my youngest daughter. Now please explain how you guys know each other” before Swara could say anything Shaan replied “we are good friends.” He looked to Swara as pleading and guilty eyes he hid the truth as he didn’t want to disturbed Lucky’s life for them and wanted his family to know Swara before they know about them. Swara understood and assured him with her eyes that she didn’t minded. After some times Sharmistha and Shekhar let them chat separately. Swra gave him a tour top their home and Shaan described her his reason to hide their relationship. He said “I told you about a special aunty and my doctor whom I respect and share my secrets is none other than your Mom. She knows about us except your identity. God knows what will happen when she came to know your identity.” She smiled and said “she no they will be happy as they love you like a son.” She had a problem with one of her getter she gave him to fix it. He fixed it and they both practiced some songs for her upcoming concert.

“ledki beautifull kor geyi chull”

As he started to sing Lucky heard his voice between his conversations with Ragini and was happy and surprised to hear him sing first and secondly in so light mood song. He wanted to see when they came close the flat he heard a female voice which puzzled him and Ragini said “My sister Swara is singing.” They went inside to see in two chairs of Swara and Ragini’s room Swra and Sanskar were sitting facing each other with getters and singing. Sharmistha Shekhar and few others were standing at the door to listen them. They sang one after another in

“Balam Pichkiri”

“Batamiz Dil”

“ Dilli wali girlfriend”

“Radha tere thumka”

“Dance Basanti”

“ Drama Queen”

“ Chitiya Kalaiya”

 “ Madhubala”

“Oye boy Oye boy Charli”

“Total siyappa”

“ Alla duhayi”

When they finished their rehearsal of 12 songs, they got a loud round of appraisal from a huge audience. They were embraced with that attention. When Shaan and Lucky got back home after quite a long time everyone was eagerly waiting with them as they expected good news. Parineeta asked “Luckey Bhai did you had a good talk with Ragini?” Lucky answered “no” everyone was disappointed with the answer. A frustrated Uttara asked “then what you were doing so long??” Lucky answered with beaming happiness “I was Listening Shaan’s songs. Shaan was singing in a duet concert with Ragini’s younger sister Swara. Mom you know Ragini’s mother is Shaan’s Sharmistha Aunty. Mom I would like to know Ragini before I take any decision.”