Ever Roses

Agatha wasn't much of a talker, but she was most definitely not a witch. She just seemed to be a bit out of her element After we introduced each other we basically just made fun of Beatrix some more. Of how she sounded like a bee buzzing at a very high pitch or how her hair was so perfectly tamed it looked fake. I did find out that she had a friend who, according to her, had been dropped off at the wrong school.

"Wait, what do you mean the wrong school?" I asked.

"If you knew her, you'd understand." She said, "Sophie's is the definition of a princess. This place would be heaven for her."

I frowned, curious. "But not for you?"

She looked at her uniform next to her, cringing at the ruffles and silk. "I'm not much of a 'pink' person."

That made me laugh a little. The dress was a little much if you asked me. It had ruffled shoulders and a corset and bow in the back. It wasn't as busy as Beatrix's gown but it was very girly. Which I don't mind, but there is such a thing as too much pink. I was about to tell her that when I noticed mumbling outside the door. I guess she noticed too because she too turned and glared at the door. I got up to check. I pressed my ear against the white wood.

"Why do I have to do it?!" Someone whispered

"Because you're closer to the door!" Answered a second voice.

"But what if she kills me?!"

"Do it quickly, then!"

"W-why can't Reena do it? She's Verena's friend!"

"I don't want to die either!" Reena squeaked.

I rolled my eyes. Right, the 'witch' thing.

I finally opened the door to come face to face with Beatrix, Reena and two other princesses. "Could you four be any less subtle?"

Reena was the first to speak, sneaking glances over my shoulder "We're sorry, Ver. It's just... she's scary."

I heard Agatha scoff and stepped out of the room, not wanting her to hear where the conversation was heading. "Why? Seriously, Ree, don't you think you're exaggerating a bit?"

"Um, no!" Beatrix butted in "Have you seen her? She looks like she lived in a haunted swap!"

I only huffed. I knew I should have defended Agatha, but I simply didn't have the energy to deal with my friend's -and Beatrix's- prejudice right now. "What do you need?"

"Oh, right." Reena answered "Professor Dovey made an announcement saying to get ready and meet downstairs. The fairies are taking us to our Welcoming in fifteen minutes."

"We would have come sooner," said Beatrix, "but we had to help Kiko switch rooms so she didn't have to live with the witch."

Over Beatrix's shoulder a girl with black hair and almond eyes waved shyly. I do remember 'Kiko of Neverland' being one of the crossed out names I read before I went into the room.

I signored the repetition of the insult directed at my roommate. "Right, well, I'll be down in a minute."

Reena nodded "I'll save you a spot"

With that, they all went to their respective rooms to change into their uniforms. I went back into my room to find Agatha laying on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Let me guess," She started "they wanted to make sure I hadn't hexed you yet."

I cringed "Well... yes. But they also wanted to tell us to get ready for the Welcoming that starts in a few minutes."