♪ five

incoming call from jesseleesoffer.

What does he want now? Arielle thought, contemplating between whether she should pick it up or not. She sure didn't mind being called at this hour with nothing to do but him? Yeah, she would rather die of boredom but there was something, this uneasiness swirling inside her body, just telling her to pick it up.
So she did.

Call between Jesse (J) and Arielle (A).

A
What do you want?

J
I heard that you didn't take the job offer......

A
Glad to know that your ears still work at this age but yes, you heard right, Mr Soffer.

J
......

A
Now tell me, what did I do to earn the pleasure of talking to you?

Arielle basically spat out.

J
Take it.

A
Excuse me?

J
The job offer. Take it.

A
No.

J
If this has gotta do something with me then I'll keep my distance.

A
How huge even is your ego? You know what, don't answer that and I'm not sure I can believe you.

J
No matter what you think of me, I am a professional man. If having you is good for the show then welcome aboard! I'll stay away as far as you want me to.

A
What's your gain here?

J
How about nothing? Can we just start over? No Instagram caption, no weird messages, nothing happened. Just act like we don't know each other on the first day?

A
So we'll just do our jobs? Acting like we never talked?

J
Yes, exactly.

Arielle flattened her lips in a thin line, a expression she always made when she's thoroughly thinking.
This might be good for her.

A
Well then, I hope you enjoy talking to me for the first time on set........Mr Soffer.

J
Likewise, Ms Wood.

He murmured in the phone, more like whispered as Arielle ended the call, smiling for absolutely no reason.
Well that was fun.

But all the happiness creeped off her face as soon she remembered something, more like someone...... Michelle. Now who was telling Michelle that she had changed her mind? Arielle rambled to herself in annoyance.

✧✼✧✼✧

❝I love him

❝I love him. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me.❞