Part 32

Shaam's POV

I waited for he but she didn't come for a long time, after some time I heard a knock on the door, but it is not the one I expected. It is Neelu, she is having a bottle of water with her, and she asked me whether I'm sleeping here or with Sanju. I gave her a confused look, so she made it clear that Sanju is staying downstairs and that she is the one who is accompanying her every night. She just wanted to know whether I will stay with her today so that she doesn't have to. "You don't have to, I will go down after taking my few things from here." She just nodded and returned. I made myself ready to face her and went down to Sanju's room, I entered inside as there was light and the door was not closed. I can hear light snoring, maybe she slept already, With a slight disappointment, I look around and noticed that the room itself is welcoming and pleasing, walls are having baby posters, some books are on the table are arranged neatly, and have 2 beds, maybe 1 for Neelu.

I am longing to touch her belly where our baby is, so I kept my phone on the table and sat on the floor beside her. I am aching to touch it, but afraid that it will wake her up. Mom told me that she is not getting proper sleep, so sit there and admired her and the changes that happened to her during these months. I'm annoyed that I didn't know about my little bundle of joy till now as missed the arrival of him, but I can't show it to anyone as I'm also equally at fault. I don't know what I wanted to do, I want to touch her, feel our baby, talk to her, and know about the baby, but I can't do anything. So I thought of talking, that's the least I can do. When I was about to talk, my phone beeped indicating a message notification. I instantly went there and put it n silent mode, and there her book caught my attention but more important is talking to my junior so I came back and sat there again.

"Hey Junior! your Dad here. I know you can hear me. I'm sorry yaar, your father is an idiot, because of stubbornness I couldn't meet you yet. I'm sorry baby, Dad didn't know that you were here waiting for me, I was expecting your mom to call me back. Neither did your Mom called me nor told me that you are here waiting for me. I'm really sorry baby, I am such an unlucky father who didn't even know your existence till today. But I'm promising you that hereafter I won't miss anything about you and will be there at every point of your life." Tears were flowing out of my eyes I couldn't control them further and I just kissed my baby she wiggled in sleep and said: "Dudu not now, Mumma needs to sleep." She already named the baby it seems, Dudu!  nice selection. I stood from my place and went to the other side and slept.

After some time woke up when someone tapped me and saw Sanjana standing there beside me. She told me to move to the other side, as I'm in half asleep I didn't get her point and she said again and said "I need to sleep on this side." I moved to the other side giving her some space, she sat there with very difficulty, then taking the support of the bed she slowly settled on the bed.

Me: When it is this much difficult why did you get up to change the position?

Sanju: I needed to use the washroom, so I got up and it was easier to come and lay here than move in bed.

Me: Hmm, How are you?

Sanju: Good.

Me: Do you have anything to say?

Sanju: Ehh?

Me: I need to know many things, not now.

Sanju: Mmm

Me: Sanju, Can I touch the baby?

Sanju: Baby?

I pointed to her tummy, and she nodded I get down from the bed and went to her side and gently caressed her belly for some time, and kissed her. Then kissed her forehead and said thanks. She simply looked at my every action. I went back and settled on the bed and put her head on my hand and hugged from back gently stroking the baby.

Sanju: Shaam

Me: Hmm

Sanju: If you are still angry with me for what I did, don't show it to our babies.

Me: Angry, for what?

Sanju: For what happened that night and telling your parents about the miscarriage.

Me: For what happened that night, I don't consider it as a mistake because I made it clear that I know what I'm doing, hope you remember that is what I said on that day. And telling parents, you may have your reasons but you should have given me a heads-up.

Sanju: Can I explain myself?

Me: Yes, should have done it when I called you that day.

Sanju: I was hospitalized due to a fever and my friends called your mom instead of mine and they came the next morning. After running some blood tests he suggested to consult a gynecologist and there the Doctor confirmed my pregnancy and asked if I have any history of abortion or miscarriage. So I didn't have any other option than revealing it and mom was there with me. I'm sorry.

Me: Why didn't say it to me on that day when I called you?

Sanju: I was scared and you scolded me so badly. I couldn't muster the courage to talk to you.

Me: Oh! Is that why you didn't call me till now?

Sanju: I expected you to call me when Mom called you after ending her fight. But when you didn't call me even after knowing about the pregnancy, I thought you are angry with me. You never called and checked about the babies which confirmed that you are angry with me for what happened that day.

Me: How did you know that Mom sorted the issue with me and who told you that I know about the baby?

Sanju: I was there when Mom called you and said she forgive you. And I heard her saying that she forgave you as you gave her double happiness, so I concluded that you knew that I am pregnant.

Me: How can you relate her forgiveness and pregnancy together?

Sanju: Are you trying to say that you didn't know that I am pregnant?

Me: First answer my question.

Sanju: Because mom called you immediately after my first scanning and confirmed multiple pregnancies.

Me: Multiple pregnancies?

Sanju: Don't you know that I'm pregnant with twins?

Me: Twins? As in 2 babies?

Sanju: Yes. I heard mom saying to you that she forgave because of the double happiness and she always updated you about my health checkups.

Me: Yes she said, now sleep.

I can't hear more, so asked her to sleep and she remained silent after that I pated my babies and said sorry to both my children. I feel pathetic thinking about the 6 months I spend without knowing about their existence. Still, I'm thankful because unlike her first pregnancy we came to know about this at right time. I don't know I went to her side again when she slept and sat there seeing and talking to the babies. Now I don't know what my emotion is whether I'm happy or sad. After a long time, I slept beside her hugging our babies which give me immense happiness.