Chapter 2: Noona Line's Experiences During First Week of Debut

Languages:
Korean - Normal Text
English - Bolded
Chinese - Bolded & Slanted
Japanese - Slanted
Thai - Bolded, Slanted, Underlined
Other - Underlined

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Friday, September 2, 2022~5:09PM-

~Hojin's POV~

"CHROMATIC on standby!" The Music Bank staff called out.

"Ahhh!" Yuki screamed, her excitement spilling out of her. "I can't believe we are about to have our debut stage!"

"What do we do now, though?" Silver Star asked as we naturally gathered into a circle.

"Usually groups cheer right now." Charlie said.

"I guess that's what we do then." Ahyeon said, stretching her hand out.

Everyone hesitated, I think mostly from confusion, until Skylar put her's on top of Ahyeon's. The rest of the members started to follow their lead, leaving me for last.

"Who should do the cheer, though?" Gaia asked.

"Hojin unnie, since she's the leader." Skylar said.

I looked at my member who experienced a lot with me, only to see a heartwarming smile on her face. Yet, seeing it gave me the inspiration to do so.

"Unnie, you don't have to if you don't want to." Ahyeon told me, probably sensing my nerves. "Someone else can do it."

"No, it's okay." I shook my head. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, flashing them open as if I was reborn and spilling out a speech. "We've all been through a lot in so many different ways. Our trainee years were all pretty tough, maybe some of us even losing hope. I'll admit I did, and I hardly trained for a year. And I'll admit, being put into a group last minute and being told to be the leader, it scared me but you guys showed me you trusted me. And ever since then, I've put my trust in you guys and that's how I know we are going to kill this debut. Even if you guys don't think so, I do. So let's go out there and prove me right, CHROMATIC..."

"Fighting!" We all shouted, some of us throwing our hands down and some throwing them up.

"Okay, we'll work on that." Charlie said with a giggle.

The members all started to make their way to the stairs that lead to the stage.

"Wow, unnie." Skylar said, walking with me at the back of the pack. "I've never heard you say so many words at once. Or so many words total."

I snickered at my closest friend in the group. "I guess I just found them."

Skylar smiled. "I hope they continue to flow."

I smiled back and we joined the others by the stairs. We waited for our cue and once it was given, we made our way on stage and gave it our all and just like I had said, we killed our debut stage, both of them.

*****

-Sunday, September 4, 2022~2:35PM-

~Ahyeon's POV~

I was trying to find my way back to our dressing room when I heard my name get called. Shocked as I hadn't expected anybody to know me, I turned around to see my friends from TWICE, Sana, Mina, and Dahyun, making their way towards me. My face lit up at the excitement of knowing idols.

"Hey guys." I greeted them with a friendly hug.

"Congratulations on the debut!" Sana exclaimed.

"It's about time it happened!" Dahyun added.

"Thanks." I snickered. "And I know right?"

"We're really happy for you, Ahyeon." Mina said. "We've been wanting to see you on that stage for a while."

I blushed from the feeling I shared with them. "Thanks. I'm happy to have finally made it."

"And we're proud of you for not giving up." Dahyun nodded ferociously.

I snickered at her extraness. "Thanks."

"Hey, Ahyeon, what were you doing out here?" Sana asked, probably curious to see me by myself.

"I went to the bathroom and now I'm trying to find my way back to my dressing room." I replied.

"Let me guess, you're lost?" Dahyun asked. I nodded with slight embarrassment. "Understandable."

"Come on." Mina said. "We'll show you around, help you find it."

"That would be amazing." I felt relieved. "Thank you."

And so the three of them did just that. After showing me around the studio, they helped me find my dressing room which wasn't as hard to find as I thought. In that moment, I was even happier to have friends promoting at the same time.

*****

-Wednesday, September 7, 2022~6:27PM-

~Skylar's POV~

We came back into the backstage area in our new outfits and rushed to put our mics back on. As I was handling mine, I heard a familiar voice right next to me.

"Who knew Skylar Choi would be forced to act cute?"

I looked over to see my friend, currently from BAE173, Lee Hangyul.

"Hangyul?" I asked with a scoff, trying to understand the situation.

"That's me." He said jokingly. "Hi noona."

I grinned before hugging him. "I forgot you were promoting."

"Ouch." He teased.

"Sorry."

"No, it's fair. I didn't exactly realize you were promoting either until today."

"Ouch back."

"Well, can you blame me?! You were just apart of a survival show THIS YEAR! I didn't expect you to be put in a group AND debut so soon."

"Well, what can I say? I'm talented that way." I flipped my hair in a joking manner.

Hangyul snickered. "I'm happy for you, though."

"As I am for you." I replied. "BAE173 is the most stable group you've been in, though you did give me a scare for a while there. But then you released 'JAWS' and soon after, 'DaSH' and now I feel better."

"Wow, you know all our song names?" He asked, seeming impressed.

"Of course." I scoffed. "You're one of my best friends Hangyul. And besides my PINKSTAR trainees, you're the only friend I have who can relate to what I experienced. Though, nobody quite beats your journey."

Hangyul scoffed. "Tell me about it. Four debuts and two survival shows."

"How did you do it?" I said jokingly.

"I don't even know." He played along.

We both laughed and that's when one of Hangyul's bandmates called for him.

"I guess I have to go." Hangyul said. "Congratulations on the debut and good luck on the second performance."

"Thanks." I replied. "Good luck to you as well."

He nodded in thanks and joined his groupmates whom cheered before heading on stage. I was really happy for Hangyul and I hoped this was finally his stable group.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! Not much to this, just seeing their friends for their debut but I guess it gives me something to write lmao. Despite that, I hope you guys enjoyed and I will see you soon. Biez!