Chapter Eighteen: Mount Justice II

Mount Justice II, 5/11/15, 11:23 AM

Two days ago, the young heroes Robin and Kid Flash had been rescued from their captors in Blüdhaven. Psimon, Bane, and many captured guards were apprehended and taken to Belle Reve prison. It was a great victory, but however it did not come without loss. Arsenal, or Roy Harper had been killed in action. Black Canary and Cyborg had found him dead, he had tried to save them from the hooded-figure that had attacked them.

Batman looked around now as the Justice League and Team gathered in the crypt beneath the Cave where the heroes' dead were buried. Artemis, Plastic Man, and many others were down here, now Arsenal would join them.

"We remember Roy as a hero." Oliver went on with tears streaming from his eyes, "He strived to do good despite the danger that opposed him and now because of his actions we know the plans of our enemies that he sought to defeat. Roy may have saved us all due to his bravery. May he rest in peace."

The whole room was filled with emotion, even Bruce felt it as the heroes went up one-by-one to say their words. Robin, Kid, and Aqualad felt especially saddened, they had known Roy their whole life and now he was gone.

Bruce stood next to Diana and Clark as the event went on. He looked over as Oliver walked to Dinah. He could hear him whisper in anger.

"I'm going to find the person who did this." He sobbed with his fists clenched. Dinah embraced him as he wept.

"Where do we go from here?" Diana asked leaning over to Bruce, "We know now that Luthor is working with Wyvern, so that assassin must be working for Wyvern as well."

"It all leads back to Uraria." Bruce nodded, "I knew we should have taken him when we had the chance."

"The League voted." Clark spoke, "The Team was nominated to go in and observe. We still have yet to send them."

"Dinah is still against it?" Diana asked.

"No. She spoke her mind to me yesterday." Bruce shook his head, "She says she believes they are ready. After their bravery shown on the Watchtower she believes they can handle it."

"Let's hope she is right." Diana nodded looking over at the Team, "They are still so shaken up."

"Which is why it is important that they be sent in as soon as possible." Bruce glanced at her as she looked over, it was a wonder Diana was not a mother.

"What about John and Connor?" Clark asked raising an eyebrow, "I want them found as soon as possible."

"Since it's likely Luthor has them both, we need to find them as quickly as possible. They were not at the facility, but perhaps they are in Uraria."

"Perhaps." Clark repeated with hope, "How is Red Tornado?"

"He is repairing his body. He should be operational by tomorrow according to his calculations at least." Bruce replied.

"Good, we need every League member ready. I feel as though Savage is going to be fitting into this whole picture very soon. I don't trust him, especially with all the villains he has amassed. Warp, Mammoth, Black Spider, Count Virtigo! They are dangerous, and with him even more so."

"We'll stop him." Diana's eyes narrowed, "No matter what it takes, both Luthor and Savage will be stopped."

"I hope you're right." Bruce and Clark said in unison, the war was growing greater now. Bruce hoped that the Team would be able to play their part well.

"Whatever this 'Monolith' is," Bruce said as the coffin that held Roy was moved into the ground, "We'll stop both Savage and Luthor from getting their paws on it. This Aphelion will also know who we are once we're done with him."