Panic pt10

Warning (panic attack)

"Shit" you whispered to yourself, you raised your hand "yes mrs y/l/n" the teacher said, "uhm could I maybe go check on him" you asked, "you see, you could but that's if you want to end up with another detention tomorrow after school" he stated, "what? But he's clearly -," "rebelling?, breaking the rules, being reckless" the teacher said quickly cutting you off, "are you being serious right now? You don't know him at all, why are you so quick to judge?" You snapped back angered by his insults towards Eddie, "mrs y/l/n I would appreciate if you didn't answer back" the teacher said, "I'm not answering back I'm sticking up for my friend who you're so quick to judge and make assumptions about" you told him, "friend?" You heard somebody whisper.

You turned your head to where that whisper came from, it was a cheerleader whom you used to be 'friends' with "do you have something to say?" You asked, "I mean since when are you and the freak friends?" She scoffed, laughing.

"Oh shut up" you said rolling your eyes, she scoffed in response. "Sir I'm sorry but I'm leaving this detention to look for Eddie" you said standing up and slinging your bag over your shoulder, "okay, just know you will have to make up for the lost time after school tomorrow and same goes for Eddie, so forty minutes will be spread evenly between your breaks in which you will be organising the library" he stated, "fine" you respond walking out of the classroom.

You and your teachers bickering had lasted seven minutes, god knows where Eddie could be now.

Eddies pov
I left the detention frantic, I couldn't think straight. It was so real I thought I was back there with....him, what is going on?.

My breathing was staggered my hands were violently shaking, my chest was rising and falling way too fast to be considered normal, I could practically hear my heart beating in my chest but I felt my heart missing beats, was I dying?.

All of this, reliving it all again and why? Because of Jason, he triggered it I thought this was over I thought I put an end to it, but Jason still finds a way to torture me. And my dad although he isn't dead, he still finds a way to haunt me.

I didn't know where to go I didn't know what to do, the panic was taking over. I rushed to the nearest place I could go, the bathroom. I glanced at all the open stalls to check nobody was there and then I locked myself in a stall and tried to slow my breathing.

Your pov
When Eddie had a panic attack before, he went to the forest so maybe he'd be there again, you thought you started to lightly jog through the forest hoping to get there quickly.

In about four minutes you got to the bench but there was no Eddie, "shit!" You said out loud.

You began to run back to the school.

Eddies pov
I was sat on the bathroom floor with my knees to my chest but the more I tried to breathe the harder it became, the racing thoughts didn't help, the thoughts that were telling me I was going to die and that I was weak, I was stupid, I'm not going to get better.

God where was y/n when I needed her, I thought, there was no way I was getting through this on my own and if I did it would take a good hour or more.

I was grasping my chest and gasping for air by this point, I was getting worse I stood up feeling dizzy and hesitantly unlocked the stall, I stumbled to the sink where I splashed my face with cold water then again, and again, and again. NOTHING was working I was panicked and now angry at myself, I don't know what came over me but now my fist was making contact with the mirror, the mirror was shattered and my knuckle was bleeding I was shouting in frustration.

I stopped hitting the wall and still nothing had changed my breathing was still messed up, my hands were still shaking and my heart was thumping, I raked my hands through my hair, almost ripping it out of my scalp I slumped to the floor and whispered to myself "please y/n please help"

Your pov
I made it to the school, I was practically winded I walked down the hall and stopped in my tracks when I heard glass shattering "FUCKK FUCKK AHHH" someone shouted, oh no this is bad you thought you followed the noise to the boys bathroom and knocked *knock knock knock* "uhm eddie is that you?" You asked, "y/n! Please" Eddie replied short of breath, "you're the only one in there right?" You asked, "yeah j-just me" he replied.

You walked into the bathroom to a very saddening scene Eddie was on the floor with his knees to his chest, grabbing his hair with his bloody knuckles and a shattered mirror which had left glass shards scattered on the floor, he looked up at you, "Eddie oh my god what did you do?!" You said louder than expected, you moved over to him quickly and the traumatised boy immediately covered his head with his arms as you would do if you were about to be hit "I'm sorry I'm sorry please don't" he sobbed clearly you had made the wrong choices in this situation.

"Oh shit! Eddie I'm so sorry I'm sorry" you said quickly backing away and crouching to his level "Eddie I am truly sorry that was my fault I'm not going to hurt you I promise" you quickly said feeling extremely guilty, the brunet slowly looked up moving his arms away, small rivers played upon his cheeks, his chest was moving rapidly "I spy with my little eye something beginning with T" you said, Eddie looked confused but played along "uhh uhm t-toilet?" He answered out of breath, "yes" you replied smiling, "okay I spy with my little eye something beginning with D" you said again "I d-don't..kno-know" Eddie replied, "sure you do, it can open and close" you said, "door" Eddie said, "correct" you replied with a thumbs up.

You carried on that game for about three minutes and Eddies breathing had returned to normal "what the hell is wrong with me?" Eddie said clearly fed up, "I don't- I don't think I can keep doing this anymore" he confessed, this brought a prickle to your eyes "Eddie you will get through this like you did before and to answer your question you have been through trauma and these flashbacks your having, I'm no doctor but I think you may have PTSD where things in your daily life, triggers, are bringing you back to the past I mean you went through some pretty hard shit but your going to be okay" you stated, Eddie looked at you and asked, "am I?" The way he said it was as if he didn't believe that at all, "yes...you will be" you said giving him a small smile.

"We better get your hand cleaned up" you said, "yeah" Eddie replied standing up and washing his hand under the sink. You pulled out the small first aid kit from your bag and took out a bandage "you have a first aid kit in your bag?" Eddie asked with a slight chuckle, "yeah, what's so funny?" You asked, "oh nothing, it's cute" he said with another chuckle, his comment made your cheeks blush a rosey pink, you quickly tried to hide this with a fake cough. "You wanna bandage me up nurse y/l/n" Eddie said with a smirk, "sure thing" you replied with a giggle. You carefully wrapped the bandage around eddies knuckles and lacked your things away "all better" you told him smiling.

"Okay I don't really want to get caught in here so you go first and tell me if there's anyone around" you said, "sure" Eddie replied. He stuck his head out of the bathroom door looking up and down the corridors "all good" he whispered making a 'come on' sign with his hands, the two of you quickly walked out of the school and Eddie gave you a lift home.