S1~02: Evil Spirits All Over?! II: Screams of Illusions

Previously, on The Hex Girls:

"Well, there's only one conclusion to this." Eri sighed, placing her hands on her hips.

The girls stared at her as Shawn descended the stairs.

"We're not alone in this building."

"Freaky." Dusk commented.

"Heavy." Luna agreed.

"That's some serious mojo." Thorn nodded. "So how do we-" She paused on her question when banging noises filled the room.

"It's back!" Dusk warned right before the lights in the hallway shattered one by one. As the light ahead of her shattered, Dusk stepped back to avoid the falling glass. "This is the most active we've seen."

"And it sounds like more than one... It's not safe here!" Eri stated. "Get out!"

"Right! Let's go girls!" Thorn led the way out to the building, making a break for the exit.

As they pass the shelves, they started shaking before clattering towards the ground.

Eri continued to run but a shelf made its way towards her.

"Eri, look out!" Shawn shouted at her.

The indigo-haired girl turned around and her eyes widened in disbelief as the shelf quickly approached her.

"Eri!" The girls exclaimed.

The shelf leaned on Eri as she held her hands out in a last ditch effort to stop the shelf's descent. Her body fell downward, but the shelf's descent slowed before stopping right before making contact with Eri's person.

"ERI!!!" Everyone's voices were the last thing Eri heard before the dark void consumed her.

◇◇◇◇◇

Dream:

Eri could still remember it like it was yesterday, even though it was countless moons ago. The day she decided to run away. She was only 10 when it happened. Her father, Leo Moonlight, had hit her so hard that she crashed into the window to their living room, falling out on the other side. She was lucky that the bushes broke her fall, but unlucky when the glass digged into her skin. 

Before long, her mother, Yuki Moonlight, yanked her back inside to continue what her husband did. Eri endured their torture. Both physically and mentally. Her mother used her powers while her father whipped her, and when things have calmed she grabbed whatever she had and took off out of her hometown.

It took a year, but she ended up travelling to Oakhaven in England. She used a little sum of her money to pay for a house and doubled the amount so the Mayor could keep her personal information out of the books.

All that happened around May.

◇◇◇◇◇

A month later, while Eri was busy fixing up her knew house, she found an injured little husky and treated its wounds. She took care of it, fed it, and helped it clean its fure, making the little one shine and look presentable. And when she was about to release the little guy, the little husky had took a liking to Eri, so she claimed him and named the husky Shawn.