Knight's Selection

The trumpets were blown in tune as the knight selection was about to start. I decided to wear a white tunic, a black pants and a knight boots as the undergear for the armour. I didn't wear full armor like the rest but only a chestplate, a gaudlet and a gloves and a belt for my sword.

I was waiting inside my tent when Mirabel and others cheered me.

"Are you sure you won't need a helmet?" -Mirabel
"Or an shin protector?" -Rapunzel
"Going feral, I like it," -Merida
"Less armor more mobility but you need it to be safe,"- Mulan

"Its fine guys," Mariano emerges from the back wearing a full plate armour. "We have our own style," he then patted me like a big brother.

"Well doesnt it bother you that a 15 year old is wearing less armour than yours?" Rapunzel argued like a mom.

"Nope, its her style. Now if you excuse me I'll greet my sweetheart," he then turned to face. The girl that toured me. She shot us a digusted glare as she face Mariano smiling.

"Ugh, why is he with that bitch," Merida said rolling her eyes.

"Hey, that is my sister.... but yeah she's a bitch,"Mirabel said as we looked at her.

"Seriously? You two are related?," Rapunzel questioned.

"Clearly, two peas in a pod but your sister's personality is rotten," Mulan rolled her eyes as she scoffed.

I glanced at them with the girl rolling her eyes at me.

I can feel my nerves twitching but I calm myself down. No use in being agitated before an important match.

She then walked towards us when Mariano left the tent. "I cant believe you found a loser club sister...hi again low class knight," she said she walked pass us.

"Actually, this is what you call true friends-" Mirabel shot back as I stopped her.

"It's not worth it," I told her as she pouted. "How about this... if I or Mariano defeated all of the opponents and took the first place and second place then... she won't complain right? Afterall there are elite knights in the roster." I smiled as they cheered.

We all huddled and shouted.
THATS A PROMISE.
.
.
.
.
.
The announcer greeted the faculty, the audience and lastly the mage students. He also announce the roster which I'll be on the roster B while Mariano is in the A.

"Guess we need to clean the roster before we fight for real," he chuckled as I shrugged.

"As long as one of us took the top place I don't mind," I said.

It was Mariano's turn, soon enough. He was matched with a guy named Friedrich, a noble from the west.

The fight didn't exceed an hour, he soon finished it within 50 minutes. That is a new record. I said as people cheered for him.

I forgot that Mariano is painstakingly popular.

My fight was due on lunch, probably no one will watch. Except for the four girls and Mariano.

I heard my name was called as I entered the arena. It was dusty and sweltering hot. I was matched to fight Leonardo Cicilion, a child of a fragment knight.

This would be interesting.

"Ready?"

*whistles*

BEGIN!

He dashed to me swinging a polearm. I untied the scabbard from my back blocking the polearm with it.

*Ting*