Violet's are Blue's

"Violet's are Blue's..."

***

It was one cold night and Guren was inside his room, alone, sitting on his bed while looking at the view from his window.

"Oh right, it's already December e?"

His lips slightly twitched as he realized it. But it was not long ago when he realized that another thing is about to happen. Even though the view from his window was very dark, he was 100% sure that it's bound to happen.

From sitting, he slowly lifted his feet up and rested it on his bed. He moved back a bit to rest his back on the headboard and there, he continued staring at the peaceful night view outside.

"Ah, the snow will start anytime soon."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. How he missed breathing the fresh air from his room. He loves it so much because it never fails to calm him. Unbelievable as it seems, but Guren realized that he should enjoy every bit of his life, breathing and alive, because second chances are not always there, most especially with his position where he's a Lieutenant Colonel and at any time, the Hiiragis will call and demand him to go off somewhere around Japan to kill vampires that have been taking the lands of the humans and scaring the hell out of them to make them their source of food. Of course, vampires need blood in order to live and humans are the only living creature that could fill their thirst for it.

"How long has it been, Shinya?" He suddenly said out loud and chuckled for a bit.

He's remembering it again. Oh — no, he always remembers it. Even though it has been two years since it happened, he can't seem to find a way to forget. Although if Guren is being honest, it's not that he can't find a way to forget, he just simply doesn't want to. He's the type to never forget important things or people around him that he treats as his family. Most especially if it left him too many things to remember.

He gave himself a minute or so to smile like an idiot as he remembered everything. He realized how time flew so fast he didn't even notice that it has been two years and soon enough, once December ends, it'll be three years already.

Three years looking back. Three years having the same feeling. Three years blaming himself. Three years tormenting himself of the pain of long ago.

He finally took the medicine from sitting on his bedside table. It was a medicine for someone who had a surgery — and Guren happened to have one. It's something he will have to keep taking if he wants to live longer. Guren despises taking medicines, so much he almost puked them at Yuu's face one time when the little kid suddenly barged into his room, demanding him to let him fight the vampires. That little kid he usually calls brat suddenly barged in after he took his medicine and he was suffering trying to swallow them all. He can't let the little kid see that side of him, never in his whole lifetime he'll let Yuu see his weak side. He's a superior after all and his ego won't accept Yuu's possible teasing of him being a weak leutenant for not being able to swallow medicines — no, not in his lifetime. It was a good thing he finally gained enough strength that time that he was able to kick Yuu out of his room, and that kick too, was enough to make Yuu shout non-stop outside of his room. Even though it really annoys him, he still can't stop himself from smiling whenever he sees that little brat who never stops nagging about how he would kill every living vampire on earth and take revenge for his family. Guren may be indenial but he definitely sees himself in Yuu — who also happened to be the key for the seraph of the end to happen.

It's been two years but it's still an everyday struggle for Guren to take such amount of medicine. He finally accepted the fact that he will never be used to it, but even though he hates it, he can't just stop doing it. It's not just important, it's something Guren will never-ever take for granted because aside from it's what's keeping him alive up to this moment, that new part in his body also used to be from someone he treasures so much.