ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷: ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ?

Long ago, the sea were made with creatures living in it

  Long ago, the sea were made with creatures living in it. To maintain the balance of the waters, mer-people had been given the task to guard their home from invaders. Invaders took in many forms, but the one they feared the most were humans.

The mer could not handle this  all alone. Pirates had become too relentless and fishermen have polluted their waters. Their hatred grew towards humans and had asked the gods to bring them light in the times of suffering.

And so the gods heard the mer-folk. They decided that the seven seas must have a protector that guards the water boarders. As the scripture says, "All protectors must stay on their boarders, to maintain peace in their waters." The gods have given them seven powerful met-people carved from their very pearl on each great seas. The merfolk were delighted of this, and have praised the protector from then on.

It wasn't easy to break in the boarders ever since the mer had been angry. Pirates were never seen so much as before, which delighted every royal institution in every kingdom. Peace was brought upon the world, until a group of young pirates showed up in find of treasure.

Surely enough, these youngsters will survive?

"Emma! No one has ever gone to the sea after the waters had been guarded!" Don argued, full of worry.

"But we need that thing, to save Phil.." Emma said, stroking her baby brother's shivering head.

Legend says a pearl lies deep within a cave, saying it can cure any sickness. Even the incurable disease can be uplifted by this very pearl. Emma couldn't risk to lose the chance of saving her little brother, struggling to breathe.

"Please, help me.. Gilda.. Don.." Emma pleaded for them.

Gilda was skeptical for the journey they have to face for a pearl that might not even exist. But both of them were willing to help, anything for Emma who have saved them from trouble many times. "Fine.. This could work.." Gilda sighs, agreeing.

Emma immediately jumped up from her seat and hugged her tight. "Hey, not too tight captain." Gilda smiled, patting her back.

"Let's find this treasure! Something.." Don tilts his head in curiousness. "What exactly this treasure is?"

"It's a pearl, not sure how it works.." Emma shrugs, and then turns towards the little boy. "You'll be alright, Phil." She says, ruffling his hair.

"Are you gonna go away?" Phil asks weakly. "No.. Don't leave me.."

"Don't worry, Phil. Father will be here with you.." Emma reassures him, smiling.

༻༻༻⋇⋆✦⋆⋇༺༺༺

Lot of people joined this quest, which made Emma really happy. They weren't there for free, although Emma promised them other treasures they can find in the sea. The seas were rough, but their determination was stronger.

After weeks of preparing for food supply and warm clothes and everything they need in the ship, they finally have the last day to plan their sail.

Her older sister, Gillian, maneuvered the ropes of the ship. She was a former pirate, kind of. She says she have been into the sea, but not past the water boarders. Although Emma was determined, she was quite a little scared for this journey.

"So, I drew this map." Emma shows the map, that was too much badly drawn. But no one would ever tell her that.

"I see.." Gilda nods, eyeing Gillian for something else.

"You know what! I got something cooler, Emma." Gillian says, getting her original old map of the northern sea.

"Oh, that looks much better!" Emma grins, throwing away hers. Gilda was surprised when Emma didn't get the hint hers wasn't understandable, but she was Emma.

"Norman says if we go through this water boarder, we will be able to dive deep the sea towards the cave-"

Gilda interrupted her. "Excuse me, diving in the sea?" She raised her brow at Emma. "You, diving in the cold not to mention freezing, northern sea? No! No, Emma!"

"Okay that wasn't exactly the plan, yet. We just gotta work things out during the journey. I'm gonna think of other ways, Gilda." Emma smiles. "Don't worry about me."

"Fine.. But no diving!" Gilda says in her famous motherly scolding tone.

"We should set sail during dawn, so we can see the sunrise on our journey." Gillian suggested.

"Are we taking father's ship?" Emma asks. Gillian nods in response. "I already asked Oliver for help, and Dad agreed."

"Barely.." Emma sighs. "He wouldn't even let me go on my own."

"But I'm here, right?" Gillian pats her shoulder. "He shouldn't worry so much."

"Thanks.." Emma smiles solemnly.

༻༻༻⋇⋆✦⋆⋇༺༺༺

Dawn came and they sailed quietly, the other people were half asleep but the ship was going well on the journey. Starring far from the ocean was the sun rising from the east, although they weren't going where the sun shone. They were going to a much, darker place.

"We should stop over the kingdom far in the north-western boarder." Gillian says. "Our food will only last a week for so many people, we'll get some food there."

"But we didn't bring any money?" Emma was confused. "Are we.. Gonna steal again?"

"Pft, no." Gillian smiles, awkwardly. "Okay, maybe.."

"Gillian!" Emma frowned, totally against her plan. They've been stealing since they were kids, and it never felt right to Emma. "We can't steal, again."

Gillian nodded. "Yeah, yeah." She says. "No stealing, got it!"

Emma hoped she did mean it, since Gillian would sometimes break her promises. But she supposes things change, she really hoped so. She had so many hopes for the future, that everything would go well.

During her morning, she looked out for some dangers. She checked every corner of the ship, even the sea. While she looks out of the ocean, she notices something strange.

An unusual sound came from the depths of the waters. Although that sounded impossible, but Emma was hearing a tune. It was so entrancing to listen and if only she could reach out to that voice..

Oh! Maybe all this worrying had gotten her insane, so she left and didn't mind it. But unbeknownst to her, the ocean glowed.

Meanwhile...

"Norman, did you tell the girl?" A man sits on his chair, facing the crown prince.

"Yes, I did.. Uncle." He says, regret pooling in his heart.

"That's great." He smirks, a plan circulating in his mind. "We will follow her in her silly quest for a made-up treasure."

"She will surely lead us directly towards the true treasure we are after." He laughs in the darkness of his office, while his nephew trickles down a sweat in worry for his friend.

A/N:

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT THIS STORY IS COMING BACK TO LIFE! Even though there's not a lot of readers.
Anyway! Stay tuned on what happens next 😈