Chapter six

(Y/n)'s injury was almost healed,the healing process being faster than normal due to her cursed energy. She was laying on the infirmary bed,explaining to Suguru what had happened.

"And he just went rogue like that?"

"Basically."

The black haired male rubbed his temples out of frustration. "There has to be an explanation for this."

"Exactly." (Y/n) paused,debating whether to bring it up or not. She wasn't at all comfortable with this topic,but it could have been a possible reason for Megumi's outburst.

"Do you think that he...found out?" She reluctantly asked,fiddling with the helm of her shirt nervously.

Suguru looked up at the (h/c) woman almost immediately. "No of course not!There's no way he could find out."

He was right. There actually wasn't a way that Megumi could find out the truth. It's been buried deep down and no one has talked about it since. But she couldn't help the uneasiness that was building up in the pit of her stomach. This didn't feel right.

Suguru sighed,sensing that she wasn't convinced still. He moved closer to her and sat down on the bed beside her,grabbing her hand and holding it in his warm ones. "Don't worry,he wouldn't know." He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "And even if he somehow DOES find out,he would know that it wasn't your fault and you did your best to prevent it from happening." He added reassuringly,kissing the side of her head. The (h/c) woman leaned into him,laying her head on his shoulder. His words rang through her ear.

Was it actually not her fault?

Did she even do her best to prevent it?

Surely she could have tried harder and things wouldn't be the way they're now,right?

Or are there actually some things that's beyond even her control?

The invincible,the strongest sorceress,not being able to save the one person who had saved her when she needed it the most?

The one person who fought off her own demons for her because she was too scared to do so.

What was the point of being the strongest if she couldn't save them?

The two of them sat there in silence for a moment until (Y/n) pulled away once Nobara walked into the room,followed by Yuuji.

"How are you feeling now?" Nobara asked as she sat down on the edge of the bed,leaving the chair for Yuuji. "I'm fine. It's not much of a big deal- i told yall already." (Y/n) reassured her students.

"It didn't look like nothing though-" Yuuji frowned. (Y/n) sighed,waving them off. "I told you,I'm fine. It doesn't even hurt much." She was technically half lying. While it did hurt back then,the pain was basically non existent now. All that left was just a scar.

"Anyways,how's Gumi?"

"He woke up a few minutes ago. We were there with him until he basically kicked us out." Yuuji said.

"He didn't kick us out dumbass,he said he needed some space which you were invading." Nobara explained.

"So did you!" Yuuji cried out. Soon enough,the two teenagers had gone back to their antics. Suguru face palmed at them while (Y/n) slowly got up from the bed. "I'm gonna go check on him."

That caught Suguru's attention. He walked after her,grabbing her arm to stop her. "(Y/n) i know this sounds really bad but...i think it's for the best if you stay away from him for a while."

(Y/n) knew that he was only worried about her,but still,he was being pretty selfish. Megumi is her student and more than that,he's her son. Of course she's not going to avoid him especially at a time like this.