There's magic in your Veins

"They can 'relate', that's why he likes her." Alec rants as he punches the bag Karma is holding. He's out of breath and sweaty, but still somehow making conversation.

"I trust him, just him, which is why I went on that mission. Not because I wanted to save the girls mundane." Alec gives a particularly hard hit, making Karma move back a few steps.

"He's acting like they've known each other for years. Like two best friends that are finally reunited again." Alec grunts and Karma lets go of the bag, watching it fly from Alec's punch.

"Why'd you let go?" He asks, re-wrapping his hands with the time.

"Because you obviously want to talk instead of train. Look, I get that you're mad at Jace, ok? And yes, I agree that he seems to be completely taken by that girl. And I know you don't trust that girl, but what other choice do we have?" Karma states the obvious, she is Valentine's daughter, meaning that they have probable cause to get rid of her if it comes to that.

"Alec, we just have to let it play out." Karma removes her gloves and pats Alec on his sweaty shoulder.

"I don't want to let it play out." He whines and punches one of the standing bags on his way out, gently smiling at Karma as he leaves. Something told her that he wasn't going to talk about it.

Instead of heading back to his room, Karma watches as Jace signals Alec over. Another day, another mission. Karma sighs and ties up her hair as she walks over, Jace looks her up and down before looking back to the screens.

"Magnus Bane. Over 300 years old, and the High Warlock of Brooklyn." Hodge explains as pictures of Magnus from the centuries are loaded up.

"You've got to be kidding me right? Magnus Bane took your memories?" Karma asks annoyed and rolls her eyes, walking up to the screen.

"Um, who are you?" The redhead asks, her hands on her hips as she looks Karma up and down.

"The name's Karma, friends call me Key." The black-headed girl says over her shoulder while typing some things into the screens. More pictures and files on Magnus Bane pop up.

"He's one of the most powerful Warlocks to ever live. If he took your memories, then your mom paid him with something."

"What do you mean?" Clary asks as Karma turns around, she can't help but notice how close she and Jace are.

"I mean that we don't do things for free. With every spell, there is a heavy price. And your mom was one of the best, meaning he would have asked for a lot." Karma explains, flipping through pictures as Alec looks down at her.

"Wait, <em>we</em>?" Clary asks, her redhead starting to blind Karma.

"Ya, <em>we</em>, Warlock magic is in my veins. I'm the only Hybrid supernatural that you'll find. Half Warlock, half Shadowhunter." Karma explains, her eyes searching for something in the pictures.

"That's possible?" The girl whispers to Jace, but Karma can still hear her.

"Nope." He whispers back, a small smile on his lips because he knows that Karma is listening in.

"This, we need this." Karma stops at a picture that shows a necklace in Magnus' hand. Her statement is pointed at Hodge, he nods his head once and starts walking away.

"What is that?" Izzy asks as they follow Hodge to the weapons racks.

"A necklace, it was Magnus' once. And he wants it back." Hodge traces the rune on the ground and pulls up the floor piece. He pulls out a ruby red necklace, a silver chain holding it in.