C H A P T E R - O N E

Vivrant Thing (1) - Hey Lover

•••

Monday, November 7th, 2022

Cultivating
A word that can't even compare
Bedazzled in elegance
One can't help but stare
Dipped in bronze
Or whatever they say
She captured my attention
I never thought it could be this way

A diamond in the rough
More expensive than a piece of gold
My Nubian Queen
Pick me and I am sold
Damn you got me feenin'
Craving something I never had
If I had to chose between you and an emerald
I wouldn't even be mad

I know you are as sweet as they come
My tongue desires a taste
One night with you
I'll never let it go to waste
Pleasure for you is enough for me
Only way to fuel my fire
Giving you the road to ecstasy
My need to devour you is dire

So baby, what we waiting for?
All you have to do is say the word
Your acceptance means everything to me
Fuck, you got my mind furred
I won't stop till I get what I want
Your presence luminary
A beautiful illusion you are
Even with a name like Sin-

"Mr. Richardson?"

Jelani jumped out of his lengthy daze as he looked up to see an empty classroom before him and the professor packing up her belongings.

"I believe it's time for you to get going, would not want you to be late for your next class." She chuckled, putting her laptop in her bag.

Embarrassed was an understatement as Jelani stood up, his six-six stature towering almost everything within the medium sized classroom. He closed up his journal, grabbing the things off of the desk and shoved them into his Supreme backpack.

"I apologize Professor Jenkins." He said as she nodded with a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry about it, you have a good day honey and just remember we have a chapter quiz due tonight." She said, making Jelani give her a nod and a smile before approaching the door.

Jelani continued to walk, before her soft, dainty voice pierced his eardrums again.

"Also, ask her out, the worst she can do is decline. Take that opportunity, the semester is almost over."

Jelani began to turn red in the face as he turned around to face her and she began to laugh softly. He blushed, before shaking his head from side to side.

"Thank you ma'am, will do." He said, giving her one more respectful glance before leaving the classroom, his last class of the day.

Grabbing his AirPods and stuffing them into his ears, he shuffled his music as OutKast's 'Jazzy Belle' began to play loudly. Walking through the crowded campus, Jelani inhaled softly and exhaled in relief. The scenery before him gave him a satisfying feeling and loved the vibe that it gave off. Being a student was something that Jelani was so proud of, and held to the highest achievement in his life.