true disaster.

𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝗔𝗘𝗚𝗢𝗡 (𝗜𝗜) 𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗬𝗘𝗡 𝗫 𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗥𝗬𝗘𝗡!𝗢𝗖

started writing: November 3rd, 2022.

started re-writing: August 15th, 2023. 

   THERE ARE 2 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PRINCESS MAELORA TARGARYEN.

   FIRST OF ALL, she is the twin sister of Aemond Targaryen, which means nobody — not even one person — dares to look her way when he has his arm hooked around her shoulders. Her twin brother might have one eye to glare but that is still enough to cut people into pieces. (Sometimes metaphorically, sometimes literally.)

   AND SECONDLY, she's fed up. Being the youngest daughter of King Viserys and Queen Alicent is like a constant itch that never fades away no matter how much she scratches her skin. It is disturbing and never-leaving. It means being watched all the time, feeling as though she's being hugged by a thousand needles. And Maelora is so fucking tired of it. So tired of being a Princess and royalty. So tired of being surrounded by crowds of people and feeling alone.  

   Yet, such is the paradox of being a Targaryen a birthright that can be both a blessing and a curse. 

   For Aegon, the Targaryen name clings to him like a poorly-fitted garment. It's an invisible grip around his neck, an unrelenting pressure that leaves him gasping for air. It's a blade lodged in his throat, a constant reminder of expectations that carve his insides into a slaughterhouse.