Episode 2: Unwanted Attention

"Oji-chan..."

Iruma looked at his grandfather with sad sunken eyes. He trembled slightly as he stood at Sullivan's desk.

'He's angry...'

Sullivan's face was dark as he looked down at the photo's of the fight.

'What would people think of the principal's grandson getting into a fight on the first day of school!!' Iruma panicked internally. He didn't want Sulivan to be angry, especially since he's someone called the 'Future Demon King'.

"Sit down Iruma." Sullivan ordered as he pointed to a lounge chair within the room. 'Oh he's really angry!!' Iruma hesitantly nodded and sat down. He looked uneasy and felt the need to apologize for his actions.

"I-I'm sorry! It's the first day and-!" He began in defense only to be cut off by Sullivan.

"Iruma..."

Iruma flinched at the call of his name and held his head down in fear.

"I am so..."

"Disappointed I kno-"

"Proud of You!"

.

.

.

"HUH?" Iruma's head shot up and he looked at Sullivan, who was smiling to himself, with a face of pure confusion.

"P-Proud?? You're proud of...me?" Iruma stuttered in bewilderment. Why would Sulivan be proud of him, surely he was joking. He got into a fight for goodness sake!

"Of course! To be able to defeat a demon of his caliber without using any direct magic is amazing and praiseworthy."

"..So you're not mad at me?" Iruma's voice was hopeful as he spoke. His eyes were wide and full of wonder as he looked at Sullivan.

"Goodness no! In fact I'm very pleased." Sullivan gave a loving smile.

Iruma was still confused but smiled to himself. He was happy. He messed up and for the first time was acknowledged by someone. Iruma felt his heartbeat finally relax since coming to this world.

'Maybe living here isn't so bad...' He thought with a smile.

"Oh, it has already been printed in the school paper!" Sullivan exclaimed excitedly, dancing around at the information board.

'It what?!' Iruma's thoughts screamed as his head darted to the board. Once again his heartbeat began to thump loudly, his anxiety screaming. The boy began panicking once again as he read the contents of the page.

[Honor student Iruma recites a forbidden spell at the opening ceremony. He also defeated the top ranked student on the same day!]

["He's insane!" Second year student comments.]

["His power is unmatched!" Says a first year student.]

["He just might become king of the whole school!"]

The comments made Iruma's nerves worsen. What would the teachers think? How will this affect his studies here? Are more people going to try and fight him!? The more he thought about it the worse the scenarios in his head became. If this happens...

He'd never get that peaceful school life!

Iruma sulked and sat on the floor in silence. Silently contemplating if going to school really was the right choice. His life has always been misfortunate, twenty-four bear attacks, almost drowning seventeen times, getting lost in caves five times, being chased by men in black twenty two times and having danced with death itself two hundred and eighty- eight times. His life has never been this calm before. He wanted to experience what it was like to go to school and have friends and surprisingly enough, a demon school seems like the perfect fit for him.