Chapter 19: S'mores, Sorta

A/N: I accidentally posted chapter 18 twice, so sorry if you got a bunch of notifications in the last hour. That's on me XD

No one told Margaret how exactly Dr. Cullen knew as much as he did, but she figured it out on her own. The man was unbelievably pale. The only other people she'd met who were that pale were the weird emo kid in her Algebra 1 class and Chance Von Tramps. Plus, he had some very charming fangs. His hands were ice cold. Jacob was always on edge when he entered the room. Jacob did not trust that doctor one bit. Margaret concluded that Dr. Cullen was a vampire. The fact that his eyes weren't red confused her a little, but it also made her trust him. His bedside manner was immaculate and he dealt with the werewolves with poise. He even took a moment to speak to her alone before she checked out of the hospital.

"You'll always be safe in Forks," he said softly. "If something happens on the reservation, please don't hesitate to contact us." He paused and checked her pulse. "I worry that the pack doesn't tell us as much as I'd like to know." He smiled knowingly and removed Margarets IV. Blood slowly oozed out. It was bright red, the same shade as Chance's eyes. Margaret closely watched Dr. Cullen's face. His only reaction was to put a bandage on it. "But I any of that will be necessary. Your boy would do anything to protect you." He smiled at her and quietly left the room. She didn't see him again.

After she checked out of the hospital, Jacob refused to leave her side. He was there with her at home, driving her to work, and keeping watch at the school. Dr. Cullen had advised that there may be other vampires in the area. So, they erred on the side of caution for a little longer. Despite the extra caution, Margaret was still the happiest she'd ever been. She felt safe again, and Jacob was back to his normal joyful self.

They spent Saturdays watching the Great British Bake off and Sundays recreating its recipes. Some Sundays they did wonderfully, others not so much. One particular Sunday they were attempting to make s'mores from scratch. Jacob will still argue to this day that homemade s'mores are a ridiculous endeavor and Margaret was out of her mind for attempting it. But, like any boy in love, he was just happy to be there. He was also thoroughly getting in her way.

"Jacob," Margaret sighed, "I need in that cabinet." She pointed at the cabinet directly behind him.

"That's the third time you've said that in the past two minutes," Jacob laughed and leaned back, blocking even more cabinets.

"And yet, you're still in my way," Margaret gave an exaggerated eye roll. She tried to shove past him. It was a futile effort.

"Oh wow, you're trying really hard there aren't you?"

"Yes."

Jacob smiled down at Margaret, watching her ram her shoulder into him in one last, vain attempt to move him.

"That was a good try. I think you moved my arm a few centimeters," he joked.

"You're lucky I love you, or I'd probably murder you," Margaret muttered, out of breath.

Jacob smiled mischievously, "What was that?" he asked.

"You heard me," Margaret crossed her arms.

"Yeah, and?" In one determined stride, he picked Margaret up, wrapped her legs around him, and pressed her against the wall. "Say it again," His voice was quiet and deep.

"I think I threatened to murder you," Margaret gasped as Jacob moved his hands up her thighs. He kissed her gently on the lips, savoring every second. She threw her arms over his beautiful, strong shoulders and kissed him back.

He pulled back, just far enough that their lips barely brushed against each other. "No, before that," he ordered. "What did you say before that," he kissed her cheek, then her jaw, then her neck, then farther down her neckline.

"Umm," she stuttered. It was hard remembering what she said when Jacob was holding her ass the way he was. Jacob just laughed before moving her to the couch. He slid on top of her and pressed his mouth to hers. Everywhere his hands touched her skin sent electricity through her body. The world spun around her and Jacob. She ran her hands over his chest, feeling his muscles. He moved his hands in a way that left her speechless. Time froze as they lay there entwined.

It felt like hours before Jacob pulled back. He looked deep into Margaret's eyes adoringly. "What did you say earlier?"

"I said I love you," Margaret smiled up at Jacob.

"I love it when you say that," he smiled back. Then, he picked up right where he had left off. They never did get back to making those s'mores.