2.

Georgia.

The atmosphere was dull. Nothing seemed to be interesting. The restaurant wasn't jammed, but people were settled at their tables. Classical music played throughout the room, and a few servers walked around serving food and beverages.

"You should be eating your food...." The older woman pointed out as she used her knife and fork to cut through her steak. Expertly, she slipped the meat into her mouth and chewed on it.

The much younger woman cleared her throat but didn't say anything. She focused on the plate in front of her and examined her meal. The blackened salmon looked seasoned and tender. It was lying on a bed of kale. The food was good. Unfortunately, it was the wrong food choice for her. She wanted something greasy and messy-like a fat cheeseburger with fries.

She slowly picked up her fork and poked at the meat. It didn't take her long to start nibbling on the food.

"You know, you should watch your weight. I understand that modeling is something you enjoy, but you should definitely keep everything balanced. You don't want to be underweight, Deuce."

Deuce knitted her eyebrows as she swallowed her food. She was thin, and that was only because of her career choice. She was a model, and keeping her weight low was mandatory. Certain foods were prohibited, but that didn't stop her from indulging on occasion.

"Eat but don't overeat...." Deuce pushed out in her gruff voice. "Got it."

The older woman set her utensils down and asked, "What is your problem?"

"I don't have a problem."

"Obviously, something is bothering you...."

"Aunt Apryl..." Deuce trailed off. "I said I'm fine."

"It doesn't seem like you're fine," Apryl responded while batting her lashes. "You're sitting across from me...not eating and looking bored. What is the matter?"

Deuce shook her head lightly and proceeded to fork the greens on her plate.

"Is this about Michael?"

"This is not...about Michael."

"I told you. All I have to do is make a few phone calls, and we can get the situation sorted."

"I don't want to sort anything out with him, aunty. He made his decision...and I'm fine with that."

"I just...feel like the situation between you two was petty." Apryl continued. "You two broke up over a simple difference."

"It was not just a simple difference," Deuce spoke up. "It was a huge difference, and I'm glad that chapter of my life is finally closed."

"You two could've worked." Apryl continued while shaking her head. "I don't understand you."

Deuce wanted to tell her aunty off, but she decided against it. Apryl loved seeing her niece with Michael. The man was not only handsome, but he came from a wealthy family. Michael Pierce Jr. was the son of film director Michael Pierce. The man produced over forty films-most grossed over eleven billion dollars worldwide-thus, his net worth was over four billion dollars.

Apryl was used to money. She was successful herself. The woman managed to squeeze into the industry. She worked as a wardrobe stylist, and the woman was married to a screenwriter-Greg Fontaine. However, he wasn't as rich as the Pierces. Apryl and her husband were financially stable-however, their jobs kept them afloat.

"You have to learn how to compromise, Deuce."

"I need to learn how to compromise?" Deuce reiterated while tapping her chest. "I need to learn how to compromise? Michael wants me to give up my career and dreams to cater to him. I want to be more than just a wife."