Bleak Falls Barrow Part 2

———————————————————————————

Kazahana and I were making our way back to Riverwood in order to gather more information on the tomb we were about to delve in. Though upon arriving, I once again saw commotion in the middle of town. Spotting Gerdur I made my way over to her to get the full story.

Y/N: Gerdur, what's going on this time? Don't tell me there's another slave trader.

Gerdur: Fortunately not, however I don't believe this situation is much better.

Y/N: Why? What happened?

Gerdur: You remember Mira? The girl from the inn?

Y/N: Yeah, did she get kidnapped or something?

Gerdur: Not exactly. She's got a knack for salesmanship, and apparently someone gave her a tip about a scroll of fireball up in Bleak Falls Barrow. Those types of scrolls sell for a high price. I guess she just couldn't help herself, she left quicker than anyone was able to stop her.

Y/N: I could go up there and make sure she's safe and everything. Matter of fact, I was actually about to head up there. I've got some business that I gotta handle for the court wizard in Whiterun. Speaking of which, I gave word about the safety of the town. Jarl Balgruuf said he'd send a detachment of soldiers for protection.

Gerdur: You have my thanks on behalf of the whole town, I cannot thank you enough for what you've done. But may I ask one last favor from you?

Y/N: Don't worry, like I said I was already on my way up there. I'll make sure she's safe. Anything I should know about the crypt before I go?

Gerdur: A group of bandits has been sighted near the entrance to the Barrow and you'll wanna be careful of the Draugr.

Y/N: Draugr?

Gerdur: Undead warriors whose souls never left their body. They shouldn't pose too much threat to someone of your skill, but I'd keep a watchful eye when venturing in there.

Y/N: Thank you, that information will prove to be very useful. I've got a few turn undead spells I can use on them so they won't be a problem. I'll be off now, and when I return I'll have Mira with me.

Gerdur: I wonder how many women he'll have following when all this is over?

TIME SKIP—

Kazahana and I made our way up towards the tomb. It wasn't a long walk but damn if it didn't look twice as big up close. It was almost intimidating... almost.

Upon coming closer to the tomb I overheard voices from around the entrance.

Y/N: You wait here, if those are the bandits Gerdur was talking about I don't want you caught in any crossfire.

Kazahana: ...

I began my stealthy approach and upon further inspection, they were bandits. only three were there. However, this lead to my assumption of greater numbers that may be inside the tomb. I placed a fire rune near one of the pillars to the arch overhead. Then I moved behind two of them.

Using an ebony dagger I quickly slit the throat of the first unlucky soul and proceeded to the next one. After dealing with the second I resumed my plan and called out to the third. I noticed earlier that he had a greatsword, which meant he would have farther reach than me. He quickly made his way to my position, but not before stepping in the fire rune I strategically placed. Burning him to death.