Chapter 7: Windwheel Asta

"My, my, my. What are you doing here on this fine day?" Venti giggles. Only to realise my face is burning red not just from running. "What's the matter Y/N?" he says as he sits down next to me.

"I'm.. I'm... just not sure of what to do... I feel like Aether is pushing me away, and I don't know why.." I mumble as I pick the grass around where I sit.

"Now, now. I doubt Aether would do that to a friend," his hand rests on my shoulder. Only for him to take it off seconds after.

"I.. i- its just.. he stopped including me in stuff. I don't know if it is because I am weak or he doesn't think I am capable enough..." somehow my body finds more tears to send out my eyes.

"I doubt its because you are weak. I think Aether just wants to keep you out of harms way. Like any friend would," He smiles looking at me, "real friends talk to each other. If you have something in the way of your friendship, make sure you talk to him about it."

I smile at him and nod, "Thanks."

"You know who I am don't you?"

I freeze for a second. He could tell? "Yes..."

"Have you noticed anything strange about yourself?" he says this in a monotone voice as he looks to the horizon.

"A few things yes... but I am not sure..." I stare at the clouds swimming in the sky.

"How about after you talk to Aether, you come back here and we can chat about it," he hands me a windwheel asta. I watch is spin in the wind.

"That would help a lot thanks."

A large gust of wind rushes by with dandelions submerged in it. I look over to where the bard was sitting, and he is gone. I know I am going to talk to Aether about this stuff, but I am still going to get stronger. A big fight is going to happen soon, I know Aether can handle it on his own. But a friend helps a friend even if they don't need it.

I spend a couple of days training before I decide to travel back to Liyue. I have gotten a lot better with my bow. If I aim for the weak spots on my opponent, I can usually get them down within a few hits. In substitute of a vision, I dip the end of my arrows in oil, light it on fire, so I basically have the lamest pyro vision ever, but hey it works.

On the long walk back, I defeat a few hilicurls here and there. Mainly for the mora, after all artefacts don't really work on me. I stop by Wangshu inn for lunch, then slowly make my way that little bit further to Liyue city.

---

I see a certain blond in the distance, he seems to be talking to a Fatui agent.

"Hey Aether!" I scream running towards him.

"Oh hey Y/N," he smiles.

"There's something I need to talk to you about," I drop the excitement in my voice. I look at Paimon raising an eyebrow. "In private," I continue.

"Sure..?" He doesn't know what I am going to say, I can see him getting nervous.

"Look... I just want to know why you aren't involving me in things anymore," I manage to keep my voice steady enough that he can understand it. He looks confused, then a sudden change in expression indicating that he realised what I meant. He wraps his arms around me, "I'm so sorry. I didn't think that it would make you upset. I wanted to keep you out of it because I wind up in tricky situations, where you could get hurt. I promise I won't leave you out of anything again."

He squizzes tight, then let's go. I mumble, "I am sorry if I have been any trouble to you."

His face lightens, "Trouble..? Its enjoyable having you around. In no way are you trouble," he smiles, lifting his hand on my shoulder. His eyes slightly widened, and he removed his hand from my shoulder.

"We need to get going to the Golden House. You wanna come?" He holds his hand out. The Golden House... Childe boss fight... I guess its time to put my new skills in action... I take his hand, and begin to mentally prepare myself for this fight. 

Word Count= 745

Thankyou for reading :)

P.S. i don't own the pic