Chapter 7: Back to Back Faceoff

6 days had passed and it was the day prior to Starbound, which would be held in Nutley, New Jersey, which is not far from New York City and also, Starbound was the same competition where the Abby Lee Dance Company won the National Title the previous season in Lake Tahoe. Also, Maddie had a solo named Lights, Camera Action, Chloe also had a solo called Don't Catch Me, Mackenzie had a solo too named Bigger Isn't Better and the group is called Born To Dance.

Ryan was at the front desk looking up some information about the competition at his mother's request and he saw something that brought a morbid expression on his face.

"Ugh." Ryan sighed to himself as Abby came in, seeing her son not looking happy.

"Is everything ok?" Abby asked.

"Mom, i was seeing information and get this, those rotten apples will make their presence known." Ryan informed.

"Great, now we have to deal with them again!" Abby grumbled.

"That is the case." Ryan said. "What next?"

As soon as he said that, Abby heard her phone ring and she noticed that Kelly was calling.

"Hello, Kelly, what's going on?" Abby wondered.

"Just to let you know Abby, Brooke fell ill and she told me that her throat is sore." Kelly warned.

"Tell her she can sit this competition and the next one as a precaution." Abby stated.

"All righty."

Later on, Abby and Ryan informed the moms and the girls that Brooke was under the weather and also that the Candy Apples were going to be at the competition.

The next day, thee Abby Lee Dane Company got off the bus and got their bags before entering Nutley High School, which is where Starbound was going to be held at

"Make sure to point your feet, keep your shoulders down and straighten your legs. If you forget, stay backstage and don't come out because i'm gonna chop your head off." Abby said to Mackenzie as Ryan cringed.

In the Candy Apples dressing room, Cathy's dancers were preparing for their group dance.

"For the 2nd straight week, we're facing our nemesis from New York City aka the Abby Lee Dance Company and with them is the 11 year old long blonde haired twit Abby calls a son." Cathy told her dancers, who booed and she booed as well. "We can't get beat by another hokey pokey number like the wek prior because it would be real horrid for us. Don't say a word to them and don't let Abby or that birdbrained son of hers psych you out."

"Also, i hear that Brooke isn't with them." Justice pointed out.

"We've got a big chance to beat them." Vivi commented.

"We do." Cathy laughed.

In the audience, Abby, Ryan, Gianna, Brooke, Paige, Nia, Kendall and the moms were sitting in the 2nd row with the Candy Apples behind them in the 3rd row and also, Paige sat next to Ryan.

"Coming to the stage next, Bigger Isn't Better!" Applause was heard as the music started, Mackenzie came from the wings of the stage and from the start, she was great with her dancing, nailing her aerials and backflips and at the end, she did a ending pose to end her dance as the crowd was cheering.

"Next in the junior division, we have Don't Catch Me!" Chloe did a strut on to the stage and was in her starting pose, right from the start of her music, she began dancing and was fantastic with her moves and at the end, she posed and left the stage.

"Up next in the 9 and 10, Lights, Camera, Action!" Maddie walked on the stage and she was fantastic with her dancing and when the music ended, she posed before leaving the stage and she walked backstage with Ryan and Gianna.

"Maddie, what was wrong with your solo?" Ryan asked.

"It was somewhat weird doing a Jazz solo." Maddie replied to him.

"Didn't look weird to us." Gianna said.

It was time for the solo portion of the awards after the rest of the solo dances were done and the mini soloist division awards were first up and places 10-2 were announced with 1st being next.

"Today's top 7 and 8 winner is Bigger Isn't Better!" Mackenzie got her award as Melissa was happy.

"Kenzie was awesome, Mel!" Ryan complimented, giving her a high five.

"She sure was!" Melissa agreed and next up was the junior soloist division awards with places 10-4 being announced.

"3rd place will go to Lights, Camera, Action!" Maddie got up and went to get her award and when 2nd place passed by, 1st was next.

"Today's top junior soloist is Don't Catch Me!" Chloe went to get her award as Christi was grinning and Maddie hugged Chloe before everybody went back to their dressing rooms and prepared for the group dance before heading to the stage as Abby, Ryan, Gianna, Mackenzie and the moms went back to their seats.

"Coming up next is Mermaids!" Erika, Taylor, Sarah, Kerisa and Vivi went on the stage. They did their dance and it was had some flaws, they completed their dance and left the stage.

"I have three words for that dance and those are yawn, double yawn and triple yawn." Ryan said.

"I agree." Kelly told him.

"He's right about that." Holly added.

"Yeah." Abby agreed.

"Next we have Born to Dance!" Maddie, Chloe, Paige, Nia and Kendall were on the stage and the second their music started, they were fantastic with their dance and at the end of the music, they posed and headed off stage. Once the dances were done, the group awards were next and places 10 and 9 passed by.

"8th place goes to Mermaids!" The Candy Apples got their award as Cathy, Justice and the moms of the Candy Apples weren't happy and places 7 through 2 passed next and 1st was next.

"The top overall winner of the junior group goes to Born to Dance!" Maddie, Chloe, Paige, Nia and Kendall got their award as Abby, Ryan, Gianna, Mackenzie and the moms were cheering.

"That's 3 in a row against Cathy!" Christi commented.

"And back to back times Ryan saw the girls beat Cathy's team!" Gianna added.

"It is." Abby said and they went back to their dressing room and packed up, but before they left, they decided to make a quick visit to the Candy Apples' dressing room to display great sportsmanship. "We just wanted to tell you congratulations and we thought you did a great job and i have a question, where's the bee costume?"

"That ugly costume? I gave that costume to the goodwill." Cathy replied.

"That was $300." Melissa stated.

"Bill me."

"That is a irreplaceable memory." Christi said.

"Listen, Disco Ball, this is between me and Abby."

"You need--"

"Disco Ball." Cathy cut Christi off, before seeing Ryan looking on. "What are you looking at you little midget?"

"I don't know, but it looks like a ugly looking worm though." Ryan retorted as Abby, Gianna, the girls and moms all laughed at Cathy, who looked like she got suckerpunched in the gut.

"Oh, Ryan got you good again like he did last week!" Abby laughed at Cathy.

"He sure did." Melissa added.

"Ryan may be 11, but he's a savage." Kelly complimented.

"Yeah." Holly said before the ALDC exited and headed home to New York City.