Chapter 14: Showdown in the Chi-town

The next week, the Abby Lee Dance Company would be traveling to Chicago, a city in a midwestern state called Illinois to compete at Company Dance, Maddie had a solo, there was a trio with Maddie, Chloe and Nia and that was interesting and like usual that was the group dance. Ryan found out the Candy Apples would be there and warned Abby. In addition, the moms minus Christi were constantly badgering Melissa about her engagement to Greg, which sent Melissa off the rails and at Ryan's suggestion, she had her attorney to send the moms a letter.

In Chicago, Abby, Ryan, Gianna the girls and the moms were seen walking down Michigan Avenue, one of the iconic streets in Chicago and were approaching the Chicago Marriott, the location of the Company Dance Competition and they entered, Abby got then signed in and they headed to a dressing room and Maddie began to get ready.

Several minutes later, Cathy, Vivi, the Candy Apples and their moms were arriving.

"All right, my Dandy Apples. Let's do it." Cathy told them. "Are you all focused on what we worked on the night before?"

"Yes."

"Great." Cathy looked in Kendall's direction. "You feeling all right, Kendall?"

"Yes, i am." Kendall replied.

"That's great to know." Cathy commented as she, Vivi, the Candy Apples and their moms went into their dressing room.

Back in the dressing room of the ALDC, Maddie had gotten her costume on.

"All right, girls, listen up. The stage is beautiful and it is obvious that the caliber is going to be though the roof." Abby stated. "So i want you to go over the trio and group dance. Maddie, i'm telling you this, the feet, be sure to concentrate the placement of your feet."

Maddie did her last run through on her solo before she headed to the wings of the stage as Abby, Ryan, Gianna, Mackenzie, Brooke, Paige, Nia and the moms headed to the audience and sat in the 2nd row and behind them were Cathy and the Candy Apples except Justice, who was competing against Maddie.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the stage, Reflection!" Maddie headed on to the stage and was in her opening pose, the music began and from the start of her solo, Maddie was fantastic and at the end, she did a pose and left the stage.

"Maddie was brilliant." Ryan told Abby.

"She sure was." Abby said.

"Next up, Keep The Faith!" Justice walked on the stage and he was good with his dancing surprisingly and at the end of the music, he posed and left the stage. Later, in the ALDC dressing room, Maddie hanged into her trio costume and ran through the trio with Chloe and Nia before they went back to the stage.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Whatever I Want!" Applause was heard as Chloe came out first, then next came Maddie and Nia. Maddie and Chloe did well in the trio, but Nia had messed up and in the end, they did a pose.

"Thankfully, that was over." Ryan stated. "If we had Paige in the trio, that would have been a winner winner chicken dinner."

"It sure would have been." Abby agreed. "Then again, it's in the judges' hands."

The solo awards were next and the petite soloist division awards were first and places 10-2 went by and 1st place was next.

"The 1st place petite soloist division winner is Reflections!" Maddie got up and got her award and in the junior soloist division, Justice didn't place.

"Maddie beat Justice!" Melissa exclaimed.

"She sure did!" Abby stated, grinning and in the duet/trio awards, Maddie, Chloe and Nia didn't place which made Holly cringe and backstage, the girls were in their group costume and did a run through before going back to the stage.

"Next up, Trapped!" The girls went on the stage and Maddie was in the box, which was used as a prop for the routine and then they began to dance. They did well and the music ended, which meant the end of their dance and they headed off of the stage.

"Coming up, Ode to a Clown!" Justice, Kerisa, Sarah, Erika, Kendall, Vivi and Taylor came out to the stage and at the start, they did good, but then everybody noticed something was wrong with Taylor, who stumbled and held her ankle and headed off stage which alarmed Cathy and Nicole, who got up to head backstage as the group was off, but they completed their dance.

Cathy and Nicole went to see what was wrong with Taylor as a stagehand put her on a chair as the girls looked on, even though Taylor was on the rival team, they felt really bad for her.

"I twisted my ankle and it felt like it broke!" Taylor told Cathy as she was in pain. "I can't move it! I came down and it hurt terribly!"

"What?!" Cathy exclaimed, eyes going wide. She then called the paramedics, who put Taylor on a stretcher, wheeled her to the ambulance and took her to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, a downtown hospital in Chicago and for the group awards, the Candy Apples didn't place at all as Abby's crew placed 3rd, making them 5-0 against Cathy, then they flew back to New York City.