43. Albertan

***
Baze

***

Instead of going baby shopping like Alyx and I had planned, me, him and Allie went to the mansion to meet up with Sebastian and Veronica. Since they arrived on foot, we didn't have their SUV to pool in and there was no way Alyx was going to allow his pregnant mate to be lifted in the air by her newly birded sister when he could drive all three of us in his truck.

"Not happening," Alyx shook his head at Allie. He didn't want me to tag along or let her fly alone and risk me lose a sister if gravity were to pull her down and break every bone in her body including her neck.

I was trying not to laugh when Sebastian agreed that she shouldn't be trying to fly high in the sky with or without torn eardrums as she didn't need to test out her flying skills on day 1. I'm pretty sure he meant her not testing them out at all and him not having his long sleeve sweater made him look more intimidating with all the tattoos he sported on his long arms that caught the eyes of my sister so many times. He had struggled not to look at her cleavage that was now covered thanks to his shirt.

"Tie her in the truck if she refuses to ride," Sebastian said with narrowed eyes on her. "Or above," he smirked.

Allie rolled her eyes at him then crossed her arms. I thought Alyx's shirts swamped me, but her wearing Sebastian's literally looked like a dress on her, the wings having no problem coming and going in the large hole he created for them.

After collecting all the grimoires in the livingroom, stray papers, some herbs and the map from the training grounds office that was still in the den upstairs, my mate and sister helped me carry it to the truck before we all hopped in. I wasn't exactly ecstatic to be in his truck, knowing that I'd get queasy and could only imagine the sickness I'd feel if I did volunteer to get flown by Allie with Alyx's blessing. The turbulence of her flying high could've made my poor stomach miserable, the ride possibly being longer and not shorter if she has little to no control of her directioning along with the landing being a bit rough.

"Ugh, I don't miss car rides," I moaned in the passenger seat.

"That's exactly how I felt in Portugal, the 2 hour car ride to Porto was terrible."

I laughed at Allie, "You told me about the club, the townhouses and even Diamante and yet you never mentioned a Santiago!" Turning around to give her a scrutinizing look, I teased her more by adding, "I hear it from Christian of all people."

"Santiago was just someone I danced with," she admitted grimly.

"I'd hate to see you get flustered and have your wings pop out and bust my windows," Alyx gave her an uneasy look in the rear view before returning his gaze to the dirt roads as we neared the mansion.

"Dancing with him isn't what made me flustered that night," I heard Allie whisper.

In the rear view, I dropped my smirk when I noticed the sad look on her face and distant gleam in her eyes. Her hand clutched the necklace with our surname on it, her mind on whatever happened the night she danced with this Santiago. From our previous conversations, I knew she didn't have him in mind, but the vampire she kissed in Appalachia that I found hard to call 'uncle'.

All traces of uncertainty, sadness and even admiration was wiped clean from my sister's face, her eyes filling with mischief when Christian held the doors to the mansion for all three of us to enter. The look he was giving her was the same if not more devious when the two of them locked eyes.